Wednesday, January 17, 2024

FIRST FINISH OF 2024!!

 This quilt was the BOM (block of the month) of the Willamette Valley Quilters for 2023 and I kept up with it and it is now finished!  As soon as I saw the pattern, I knew I would make it.  I even bought all the coordinating fabric needed right away, which is very unusual for me.  Most of the quilts that I make are made from what I have in my stash.  

Here it is!  The official name of it is "Vinyard Stroll" but since I didn't appliqué grapes in the corners, I put birds there instead, I changed name to "Garden Stroll."


 The quilt is 76" square and since I needed a picture so I could enter it in the quilt show coming up in February and it was just the hubby and me at home, neither one of us could hold it up by ourselves and I couldn't hang it outside on the clothesline since it would drag onto the ground, which was very wet and muddy, so we hung it on the TV with clamps.  I plan to take a picture of it hanging at the quilt show where it should be totally flat and will take a better picture.

I'm trying to get my sewing room more organized and cleaned up.  It is one of those jobs that never gets finished.  I know it won't ever be perfect.  We have been staying home mostly since Sunday because of the snow and ice.  Church was cancelled, meetings were cancelled and my eye appointment was cancelled.  So I have had more time to do some sewing and organizing, with a little cleaning thrown in!

The ice is melting, but there is still a lot on the ground.  I did go out to get my mail and saw that my garbage hadn't been picked up.  Hope you are keeping warm!


5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt and the fabrics all play so nicely together. The extra purchase was worth it! We've had really cold temps and wind gusts to make it so much worse, but thankfully the snow was minimal. At least for us. Good weather to stay home and sew or put the quilts to use and snuggle under them with a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a lovely quilt Ruth. The birdies were a nice swap. I’ve been wondering if you have been affected by those storms recently. Hopefully you are safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sampler is so cute! Great setting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garden Stroll is beautiful! You've done a lovely job. Thanks for sharing, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely quilt. I love your fabric choices and the birds in the corners.

    ReplyDelete