Sunday, January 7, 2024

GETTING BACK TO BLOGGING!

I  have things that I want to share, which I have neglected so much the last couple years.  I will be making some changes in my life this year.  First of all, I won't be taking any more jobs as a board member of any quilt guild.  I have been secretary of Gone to Pieces Quilt Guild in McMinnville Oregon for the last 2 years and I am done!  I enjoyed it, but I also took on the preparation of the newsletter each month and that was a pretty big job.  I just finished the last one!  Yea!

I have one more vender job which will be at the Oregon Quilt Festival in February and then I will not be doing any more in person vending.  I will try to sell the rest of my inventory in my Etsy shop.  Of course, I will still keep on sewing, for myself, gifts and donations. I also plan to do some serious work on my family tree and possibly write up the history of our lives.  I have cassette tapes that I want to transcribe because they have some family history, etc.  That takes time.  But I want to dedicate some time to it.

I have several quilts that I have started, a couple of which will be scrappy donation quilts and another that I started for myself which is also scrappy.  I'm sure there are more, but I haven't seriously looked yet.

My oldest grandson is now a student at Notre Dame and is working on a master's degree in architecture.  He is very smart and loves to read and drink tea.  When I was browsing the Etsy site of Elefantz I came across this pattern, which fits my DGS to a tea!!  Notice the "author" of the book that the cup of tea is sitting on - Yes, it is C. S. Lewis.  He loves the books written by C. S. Lewis, which my son read to his children and which we read to ours:  Namely the Narnia series.  This is a quote by Mr. Lewis.  Don't look too close at the embroidery - I was making this the day before Christmas!  The design is by Jenny of Elefantz.  She has an Etsy shop with lots & lots of lovely embroidery patterns.

This week I will get all the Christmas decorations put away and have to finish a quilt that I will be entering in the quilt show.  Here is a picture of part of it as I am quilting it now.  I need to send a picture and registration which is due Jan. 15.


The center medallion (on the left above) is quilted and I'm about to start on the darker triangle on the right side (there are 8 of those).  

Thanks for visiting, and I hope to post the finished quilt in a few days!

 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a lot of projects to work on, but I'm curious why you decided to stop doing craft shows? I hope everything is okay. The quilt you're quilting looks very pretty and the little wall hanging for your grandson is, indeed, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Ruth! When something isn't fun anymore, it is time to quit. You are respecting yourself by letting go of certain projects in order to do what you want to do more. I love what you did for your grandson. Just perfect! Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete