It's been a while since I posted, but I have been busy. I just finished 2 of these wall hangings with DS
#3's picture on it. It is the first time I have done a printed picture on a quilt. DS
is going to be deployed to the middle east in April and I made one of these for us and one for my DIL
I'm making some progress on my tumbler charm quilt. I don't know how big I'm going to make it, but I hung in on my new design wall (which isn't very big, but better than nothing) and I really love it! It helps to see it all at once. I am hand stitching these reproduction blocks together. It measures about 33" wide and 37" high now and I still have a lot of pieces cut out.
I noticed that I stitched the left piece on the second to last row on the wrong way - but I will fix that.OOPS! Someone pointed out to me that the bottom 4 rows don't have the dark and light colors alternating. I just wasn't watching close enough when I put them up on the design wall. They aren't sewn together yet, so I just need to flip two of them around. Tee Hee Hee!! (It looks better now).
Here's the next to last block of the Noah's ark BOM
. The ark just came out, so I will get started on that soon. Go here
to get the patterns.
These are my leader & enders
scrap blocks that I have been doing for quite a while. One of these days I will put them together. It will be my first all scraps quilt.
I hope you noticed the vintage valentines on my lead picture! These are all valentines that my mother saved from her childhood and they date to around 1911- 1915. Except for the one "to my wife" - that one was from my Dad to my Mom. I don't know the year, but they got married in 1935 and it could have been any time from then up to the 50's sometime. These certainly are treasures in my mind.