Monday, February 18, 2019


I posted about the bird quilt here and I've been working on it quite a bit.  I just finished quilting all 50 blocks.  First I stitched along the ditch of all the sashings to stabilize it.  The friend I'm doing this for provided me with polyester batting.  Below are 3 of the blocks showing how I quilted them.  I stitched around the birds and flowers and filled in the rest in a variety of ways.

My original plan was to quilt cross hatching in each block, but then I figured that it would be very difficult to turn the quilt in order to change direction.  It works great on a smaller project, but with a large bed quilt, I didn't think I could do it.  My plan is to to quilt feathers in the setting triangles.  I started that this morning and it's going pretty well - and quite fast!

Last week I finally finished the window treatment for my sewing room - a yo yo valance!  I didn't want a full curtain because it might block out some of the sunlight that the north window provides.

My other project was to straighten my fabric closet, which I did, but still have lots of smaller pieces to sort through.   That is an ongoing problem!!  Can anyone relate to that?

Friday, February 8, 2019


Last week I went to Albany (about 40-50 miles south) Oregon to this quilt show.  It is the 2nd annual show that they have put on and it was very impressive!

Here are the best pictures that I took of the quilts that I liked the most.  I won't say much as there are quite a few of them.  Enjoy!


The next one received a blue ribbon and was made by Lynette Horn, a friend from my quilt guild.

This was my favorite quilt!

It was a wonderful show with lots of great vendors as well!  

Friday, February 1, 2019

2nd FINISH FOR 2019!

I finished this lap size donation quilt a few days ago, so I thought I would show you.  I cut the 2 1/2" squares years ago and had some of them sewn into 4 patches.  Then, I finally got them out and put this together randomly.  I love scrappy quilts.

I quilted it with swirly circles and for the border I used the braided wheat design by Lori Kennedy at The Inbox Jaunt.  It took me a while around the border to get it pretty good.

This last picture shows the border up close in a better section of it.  I won't show you the first section and I probably should have practiced it more before I started quilting it on the quilt.  

I also used a blanket stitch to stitch down the binding.  A friend at my quilt guild does that and I thought it looked pretty good.  With this blue/white design, you can barely see the blanket stitching any way.  Actually, I don't mind sewing the binding down by hand - it's more relaxing.  But, the main thing is that it is DONE!