I admit that I have a scrap problem. As you can see, I have joined the "SCRAP ATTACK" group started by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
. Since I had already decided that I needed to use up a lot of scraps this year, I decided to join. I had to put 12 goals on individual pieces of paper, one for each month, and then draw one each month. I just drew the one for January and its - "Use men's shirt scraps and plaids to make a donation quilt. Uh Oh! That's not the one I wanted to work on this month. But I could at least come up with an idea and start it.
|12 goals for using scraps|
Here are some photos of my "problems." This is embarrassing!
|Bag of triangle scraps|
|3 drawers full of strips|
|3 more drawers full of strips|
|A bin with 1" and 1 1/2" reproduction scraps|
|box of selvedges|
|3 more drawers full of scraps|
|4-patch scraps to make into a donation quilt|
|5" squares that I bought (!) for $1.00|
I didn't even take a picture of the large bin full of men's shirts and I'm sure there are others as well.
I also have a list of UFO GOALS:
1. Abby's Bodacious Quilt - I want to get this finished for Christmas 2018. I have about 10 blocks done.
2. American Cross Roads (blocks are done).
3. Merry Trails Wall Hanging (Quilt Mania).
4. Moda Block Heads - finish and put together.
5. Pineapple 9-Patch
6. Blocks my Grandma made in the 40's - put together, quilt and bind.
7. Cat quilt - pieces are cut.
8. Verandah Views, which was a block of the month from Willowberry Designs, 2009. All the embroidery blocks are done and need to be put together into a quilt.
9. Grandma's Flower Garden that I started at least 10 years ago. After making several blocks, I decided to turn it into a lap quilt. It wasn't working out very well, so I stopped working on it. I want to get it finished one way or another.
10. Another block of the month, which I can't find, was basket blocks for each month. It's really cute and I finished about 8 or 9 of them. I would like to get the rest finished.
Do you think that is enough? If not, I may be able to come up with a few more. Ugh!!
My design wall has some log cabin blocks on it that I want to make into a table runner. The blocks measure 5 1/4" unfinished. They aren't sewn together yet.
Well, please wish me luck with these projects. I plan to use scraps in my UFO projects, so I might reduce my stash some if I only purchase fabric that is absolutely necessary
to finish a project.
Have you made any goals or joined any group for 2018? Let's all work together to use up scraps and stash!!