I almost gave up on myself this month. Yes, I almost didn't do my quilting challenge. It has been a busy month and yesterday I was just plain tired.
However, today is another day! So I decided to do it. I didn't practice as much as I should have. I don't have any really imaginative quilting like some other people do, but I will say that I really appreciate sewcalgal for hosting the challenge all year. And I appreciate the expert quilters, like Sarah Vedeler who were willing to share there expertise with us. The tutorial definitely is helpful in giving us a great method to follow. So, here are my samples.
In my last post I blogged about the two donation quilts that I finished. I forgot to mention that I bound them by machine. Pat Sloan has an excellent tutorial on how to do the machine binding and you can get to it here. I pretty much followed the directions to a "T". Except, when I went to put the binding onto the girl's quit, I sewed it to the front instead of the back. So, since I had followed Pat's directions about ironing the binding down 1/4", I was able to still stitch the blanket stitch from the front while folding under the binding as I went. Luckily, it turned out OK. (I was too lazy to take out the stitching since I was over half way before I realized that I had sewn in on the wrong side).
|Front view of girl's quilt.|
|Back view of girl's quilt.|
|This picture shows both the front view and back view of the boy's quilt.|