Monday, January 29, 2024

CUTE TEDDY BEARS, ETC.

For several years there has been a vendor at lots of the same craft shows where I am a vendor selling teddy bears that she makes.  These teddy bears are just adorable and so snuggly!  I was able to get these two!  Jeanne Weirich's motto is "comforting hearts one bear at a time" and her Dad, who is in assisted living, helps her stuff them.

While at my quilt guild meeting last month, one of the members had some fabrics that she was giving away and I couldn't resist this fabric with children showing their teeth.  I decided to make a small wall hanging for my dentist and I put a large tooth in the middle as you can see.  I will take this to the dentist on my next appointment in March.  I hope they like it.



The Oregon Quilt Festival is coming soon - February 15-17, 2024.  I will be a vendor and have been making items to sell. If you live in Oregon or near enough to Salem I hope you will come to it!  It will be held at the Oregon State Fair Grounds, 10AM - 5PM (until 4PM on Saturday).  Admission is $12 for adults and $8 for children under 12.  Go to Oregon Quilt Festival for more information.  And, I hope to see you there!


 January is almost gone already!  Time to get the Valentine decorations out.

5 comments:

  1. The bears are very cute - I particularly like the plaid one. And the wall hanging is adorable with all those kids and their toothbrushes. I'm sure your dentist will love it. Sadly, I'm not close enough for the quilt show, but I hope you will share a few photos after?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute bears and a fun toothy quilt. Good luck with show. I’m sure it will be a big success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My SIL and I made bears like that eons ago! Still have mine...I think.
    Fun tooth quilt! I'm sure your dentist will love it. I'm keeping an eye on the weather for the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute bears. The white one looks like a repurposed chenille bedspread.
    Clever use of that dental care fabric. :) I'll bet your dentist will love it.
    Hope things go well for you as a vendor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As it happens, hanging on the door knob in my studio is that same type teddy bear patterns which I will use to make a white, fluffy rabbitt, fabric/fur is already purchased! I think I even have the stuffing! Perhaps your post will get me moving on that project! Thanks for the poke in the you-know-what!

    ReplyDelete