Tuesday, June 12, 2012

KALEIDOSCOPE FINISHED!!

I finished quilting and binding Kaleidoscope over the weekend!  Yea!!!  The pattern is by Becky Goldsmith and was originally named "Everyday Best."


I quilt on my Janome 6600 sewing machine using the free motion quilting (FMQ) method.   I have learned just about everything I know about FMQ from other bloggers and from participating in some FMQ challenges like the one going on all year with Sew Cal Gal.  I am so thankful for all their help.  



All the fabric used was from my stash.  I used lots of scraps - but seem to still have tons of them!

I'm glad it's finished!  The paper pieced circles were just about all pieced in our camper while on trips.  I put the corners on the circles at my retreat in March.  I'm not sure when I started it - probably the summer of 2010 during our first camping trip.  Yes, it feels good to finish a large project!  Now I can move on to another one.

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE this quilt you did a wonderful job
    I have this on my list of quilts to make some day
    soon, now that I see yours I am inspired again.
    would be a good summer project with the paper piecing
    thanks for sharing
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is just so awesome! You did a wonderful job!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful!! Congrats on your finish. What's next???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations "Ruth", what a treasure!!!!

    X, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, der Quillt ist wunderschön. eine ganz tolle Arbeit.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is so pretty, my favorite part is that gorgeous border! You did a great job and now enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What more can I say? I LOVE IT! So what's next? ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your quilt!!!! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Ruth!!
    You must be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic quilt! I have never seen one like it...your fabrics are wonderful and the applique has such impact! Wonderful job of machine quilting...thanks for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good design to use scraps. The applique border pulls it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How big did it end up being? So beautiful. Where can I get the pattern for the circle blocks? Such a great scrap user.

    Did you turn the edges under to applique the circles? Looks like it.

    Your quilting is stellar. You are so adventurous. I KNOW you love the extra room on your machine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome finish;) Looks great;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful job.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Do you plan to hang it somewhere in your home? Or use it? I sure hope one or the other because it's too pretty to hide it away.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This quilt is totally amazing. I love the colors, the circles, the borders, and now the quilting. Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is the best quilt!! Way to go Ruth!!

    ReplyDelete