Saturday, December 26, 2009

CHRISTMAS QUILT, ORNAMENTS AND GIFT

I finished Bonnie Hunter's Christmas Lights mystery quilt before Christmas! It was published in 3 different issues of Quiltmaker and I had never done a mystery quilt before. I was able to use mostly fabric from my stash, including a lot of scraps.

When I finished the top I didn't know if I had any fabric to use for the backing and then I remembered some fabric I had bought at a garage sale in Oregon - it was perfect!
Since Christmas is over, I'm now able to show some things I made for Christmas too - some I made way back in January, like these pillowcases.
This quilt was a gift for the judge I worked with before I retired.
I made a bunch of these ornaments last January (I did most of the stitching while DH was in the hospital). It was great to have them finished early - I've never been that early before! Hee Hee!
The pattern was from Abyquilt

I received this darling dish towel before Christmas from Carolyn (no blog) of Lee Prairie Designs in Des Moines, IA. She had several of her patterns published in the premier issue of "Make-Ability" which is available now. Isn't it sweet?
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families! We are still visiting with ours!

8 comments:

  1. How fun to se you have stitched last years christmas heart from me :) Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your heart ornament! Is it a pattern you bought or is there a link to it? blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been busy! I LOVE that Christmas Lights quilt. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been extremely busy,but well worth it. Just gorgeous.
    Have a very Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been extremely busy,but well worth it. Just gorgeous.
    Have a very Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting your mystery quilt done. It is beautiful. And oh my, all the other wonderful things you have been making throughout the year. They are all wonderful. I especially like the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have bought the magazines to make the mystery quilt so it's really good to see how yours turned out. It looks terrific! That's a very nice quilt for His Honour and your Christmas hearts are adorable. I hope to be organised for Christmas 2010. Happy Stitching, Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your Mystery Quilt! It turned out great! And all the lovely things you made for Christmas, too. I am moving your blog over to my new quilting blog now, pieceful-ness, as a Friend there since you are generally a quilter. Congrats on your retirement! Come and visit me not only at my regular blog but at the quilting blog, too. All my best for 2010!

    ReplyDelete