Saturday, September 25, 2021

Some Projects Finished

I promised my grandson that I would make a "jacket" for their dog, Olaf, so here it is.


Luckily, it fits and he doesn't seem to mind having it on.




Lori, from humblequilts.blogspot.com is having a quilt-a-long with a theme of "Land that I love" and I decided to join in!  It has been a few years since I have done it I think.  The assignment for the first week was to make 24 HSTs.


This week, I just need to cut 36 2" squares - I think I can manage that! 

I decided to make another cat lap quilt and the top is basted.   



I also got the scrappy strip quilt finished - I showed you the top in my August 4 post.  This will be a donation quilt.  I had to hang it sideways or it would drag on the ground.



Thanks to all that commented on my last post.   I was having trouble with my email and nothing was coming in.  I thought I had sent some replies, but they didn't show up in "Sent" so I doubt they actually went out.   Luckily, DH figured out how to fix it and I didn't have to call Apple.

Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. Loaf is adorable and looks very handsome in his jacket. You're such a good dog-grandma to make it for him! The cats quilt is cute and the donation quilt will be wonderful for someone in need. As for comments - technology can be such a pain! (But I'm not one to be offended if I don't receive a reply to a comment either.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that scrappy strippy quilt! Need to make another one or two from the accumulating scraps in the corner. Glad your hubby figured out the comment reply issue. How are the fall colors there? Just beginning here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very handsome look for Olaf in his spiffy, new jacket!
    I think I will do Lori's SAL, too, but I still haven't started.
    Very nice finish on the string quilt. Whoever gets it will be grateful, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olaf looks so handsome and warm in his winter coat. Great projects and the scroll quilting pattern is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the doggy coat. Love your string quilt. Enjoy Lori's sew along. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I considered trying that quilt along, but decided against it. I need to finish so many quilts already around here!
    Your cat quilt is so cute, and that scrappy strip quilt is really pretty. I love how you quilted it! Still not going on around here! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that cat quilt - simple design but that's what makes it great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to know the pattern you used for Olaf's jacket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Simplicity pattern - #1239. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete