Tuesday, January 28, 2020

WHAT'S ON MY DESIGN WALL?

This is the quilt that my guild made for a raffle quilt with the proceeds going to the Yamhill County Historical Society where we meet every month.  I loved this quilt and donated a couple of my Moda blockhead 6" blocks for it.  



I used it as my inspiration for makeing a quilt with my Moda blockheads blocks.  I have about 50 of them.  I have made 6 columns of these blocks placing them on point and offsetting them so I get the zig zag effect, which I have wanted to do for quite a while.


I will place these sections on each side of the quilt. (they aren't sewn together yet).


Yesterday I made the barn that I will put in the middle of the quilt.  I will have 2 rows of blocks in between the side panels and the barn block will be in between the upper blocks and the lower blocks, somewhat similar to the placement in the raffle quilt above.  I still need to appliqué a tree next to my barn and make a couple more blocks to fill in the center rows of blocks.


I'm looking forward to going to the first quilt show of the year on Friday in Albany, Oregon.  It's been a long time since I went to one.  Today it is supposed to rain all day - we've been getting lots of rain lately, so it's a good day for sewing!  What's on your design wall?

10 comments:

  1. You're living on the edge setting blocks on point! (I always struggle with that, though I'll do it if I feel the quilt needs it.) And the barn is great. I look forward to seeing your vision completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a beautiful quilt! I like the raffle quilt and yours is looking great. Love the barn! It is a great way to use those Blockhead blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the raffle quilt. Your choice of background fabric for your Blockheads quilt is perfect. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you took elements of that raffle quilt and incorporated them into your own design. Great looking barn with the barn quilt over the door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - what lovely quilts! That would be a wonderful raffle win. Your version is going to be lovely Ruth especially with the blocks on point and offset. The barn is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my quilting friends asked me earlier today if I had looked at the quilt on your blog. The donation quilt is quite attractive. We have plans to make the blocks from the Moda Blockheads 1 book. We both like the setting used for the quilt you show. I don't know when we will find time to make the blocks but will be checking back to see your progress on the setting you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that zig-zag effect! You always come up with such pretty settings! Will be watching to see what happens with the barn. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that barn blocks and the background color is fabulous! love it.
    great raffle quilt too I'm sure it will bring in loads of money

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to be a fabulous quilt, I love your setting, and the barn is pretty!

    ReplyDelete