Friday, March 29, 2019

March String-Along Linky

I basted this string quilt a couple months ago and decided I better get busy and sat least start quilting it.  I have quilted several of this type of quilts before, but I really didn't know how I wanted to quilt it.  So I started with some swirly quilting and continued with various swirls.  I got almost half of it quilted yesterday.









I also finished quilting and binding the flag quilt.


I will be linking this up to Lori's blog.  Thanks, Lori, for giving us the incentive to get busy with all the millions of strings that are hanging around our sewing room!  I'm trying to decide what to make with strings next. 

It's a beautiful day today, but I came down with some kind of bug, so I'm staying inside.  Hope you have a wonderful spring weekend!


9 comments:

  1. I love how you are quilting your string quilt!! Nice job!
    The flag is awesome- that binding! Wow!
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your string quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your string quilt a lot, and you know I love your flag quilt! Beautiful job on both of them! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your string quilt is fabulous. Did it make a dent in your strings lol?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you have a consistent light string in the center of your blocks--nice effect.
    Clever flag quilt. I've never tried to bind a wavy edge before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great string quilt! I really like the wavy border on your flag quilt. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilting. And you're so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The string quilt is wonderful and the quilting is so pretty. I love all of the colors! The flag looks great, too. Worth the extra effort to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome swirly quilting on your string piece!

    ReplyDelete