Wednesday, January 27, 2016

STITCHES IN BLOOM QUILT SHOW

Sunday I attended the "Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show" at Oregon Garden in Silverton, OR.  One of these days, I want to go back to the Garden when there are flowers blooming because it looks like it would be gorgeous then.

I didn't include any information about these quilts, unless you can read it from the card which shows up on some of the photos.  These are some of the quilts that I liked best.  There were lots of other ones that I liked too.

This was a small quilt - some of the yellow and red squares were about 1/2".


There were several of these wall hangings done in black and white strips with appliqué on top - I think they were challenge quilts from a guild and they were very striking.



This "Vintage Tin" was one of my very favorite quilts at the show (designed by Crabapple Hill).








This forest quilt won the Viewers' Choice for Art quilts.




This flag quilt won Viewers' Choice for Traditional Quilts - it is also one of my favorites from the show.



This one is for Katie, because it looks like some kind of magnified cells.


Here's an enlarged one.


Don't you love the shovels?  Who would have thought?


And here's me with my Baskets of Blue quilt.  


It was a great show!  There wasn't any judging,  just the Viewers' Choice in four categories.   I didn't get pictures of all the winners.  Thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful show packed with quilts and #CreativeGoodness. Thanks for sharing. Next best thing to being able to attend.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a wonderful show! I love the shovels too (best not show to DH or he'll be wanting me to make one similar, lol!). Your basket quilt is gorgeous. I've seen a couple of these and they are a real labor of love to create, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the quilt show, it looks like it was lots of fun and there were some wonderful quilts there. Your basket quilt is still one of my favorites. It has all the things I like, it is blue and the baskets are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of pretty quilts! The shovel one makes me think of Daddy, and the iris one reminds me of Mother. I'd dare to say none of them had as much beautiful work and hours as your blue baskets! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of these days I want to attend that show! I love your quilt and the ones you highlighted on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a good show, your quilt looks beautiful hanging there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of variety and some really unique quilts. Love your basket quilt. It would have had my vote! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Baskets quilt looks gorgeous and I'm glad you are in the photo!
    I LOVE the flag quilt. Thanks for sharing the quilts today

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for showing these quilts, what inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our local guild's show is just viewer's choice as well. Always enjoy seeing your quilts and the baskets but yes, that shovels one is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic selection of quilts! Your baskets were in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful quilts! Thanks for taking us with you to the show. The one you picked for me is interesting. I'd love to see it in person because some of those circles look blurry and I'm curious how they did that. But they definitely look like a lichen or very magnified cell! And how cool that your quilt was hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You blue baskets is great. I know a lot of work went into that quilt. See you also have it as your header.... nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing the show with us - all of the quilts are amazing, each in their own way. LOVE your basket quilt!

    ReplyDelete