Wednesday, August 12, 2015

CLEANING THE SEWING ROOM!

With company coming, I decided I needed to do some serious cleaning.  The fact that I took my sewing machine to be serviced meant that I couldn't do any quilting anyway.  I have my Featherweight if I get the urge to sew.

Look what I found!  It's a small basket, but it's stuffed with 1 3/4" unfinished HSTs!  These are left-overs from my GS's high school graduation quilt that I made last year.  I think I'll make a doll quilt out of them.  I found some other missing items as well and had to shake out the dust cloth many times.  Once in a while, it feels good to clean and organize.


Some more that are trimmed.



And some that need to be trimmed!



Here's another bunch that I did trim and put into a baggie!  Wow!  I wonder how many quilts I can make with all these.



This is what I did once with left-over HSTs.  I made them into pinwheels, then added borders to get them to a certain size - 4 1/2" I guess, and made a donation quilt out of them.  Lots of ideas!



Here's my stack of projects ready to work on after my GD's wedding on Saturday - and when I get my machine back.  There are 2 table runners and one doll quilt basted and ready to quilt.  Then there is my log cabin quilt and a Scrappity-Do-Dah quilt ready to baste and then quilt, both queen size.  I can't wait to get them finished.



Don't forget to leave a comment on this post to enter my drawing.  Some of the entries don't have an email attached (in other words, you are a "no reply blogger"), so you need to be sure and send me your email address if you left a comment.  To fix this problem, go here and click on "How not to be a no-reply commenter" for directions.

Thanks for all the comments I've received so far!  I love comments!

9 comments:

  1. You have some great quilting projects ahead of you! Those little hst's look especially inviting. Sometimes it's just fun to see the light of day in the sewing room again isn't it? But I hope you'll relax and enjoy the wedding and all the friends and relatives. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to consider all of the possibilities when you have a bunch of bonus
    HSTs with which to play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its amazing what turns up when we clean! I'm actually doing a search for some missing zippers. lol.
    very cute pinwheel blocks!
    Have fun a the wedding and congratulations to your GD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, we need to clean our sewing room !!
    Your tops look pretty and I'm impatient to discover how you will quilt them !
    Hugs !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep saying I'm going to cut up scraps and begin that Leader/Ender process, but instead, I just keep starting a new project and do it the same way as always. You are always coming up with cute half-squares, and make so much of them! Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy for a while. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful - those HSTs will breed if left in the bags for too long. It's amazing how many there really are and you'll be making projects for years. Good luck and good weather for the wedding. Best wishes to the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would find lots of treasures? in my sewing room if you gave it a good cleaning. Funny how we forget about things that are out of sight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear this reminds me of my large pile of small half square triangles waiting to be trimmed. Lol. I like your idea of making them bigger with sashing as it reduces seam bulk. I shall do that I think. Great job cleaning your sewing room. ?.it's a bit like Christmas when you find the things you have forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so very much for passing on the tip to use a strip of wet sheeting on the edge of your county fair blue ribbon quality pies!

    ReplyDelete