Wednesday, November 26, 2014

LOOK WHAT'S ON DESIGN WALL

Lori at Humble Quilts is having a QAL (quilt along) and I told her I would participate.  Yesterday I finished a few projects, and she posted the last episode.  It's a small quilt named "Cascadia."

I got out my little basket piled with 1 1/2" strips and squares as well as a bunch of 4-patches and 9-patches.  I used some of the 4-patches for the 2 outer strips and the 4 piece wide strip in the middle


This morning, I made the 2 on point strips and it is now on my design wall waiting to be sewn together, layered, quilted and bound.  That will probably happen after Thanksgiving.


I love it!  Oh, it looks like I will need to take off one row of the edges and middle sections to match the on point parts.  Did you join in?  At least this one is small and can fit into a busy schedule during the holidays.  I haven't decided about Bonnie's mystery quilt yet.  I rather doubt I will participate in that one.

Now, I need to go bake pies and make a salad for tomorrow.  Happy Thanksgiving!

12 comments:

  1. Looks great, Ruth. I wish I could have done it, but there has been so little sewing time lately and I have to save it for Christmas projects!
    Did you see that Lori just added a little bit of background fabric to make the strips fit? Works either way, doesn't it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is beautiful.
    I'm running a giveaway, if you'd like to enter, you are welcome!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! When we can unpack I'll go back thru Lori's posts and make up one. Lots of scraps left from the string quilt I've been working on and this should be a fun little project. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scraps, this is going to be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I do think I'm going to do Bonnie's, so between us we have them both covered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, love so many of your fabrics in this quilt!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving Day; and special time with family. Love your quilt project. Love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been working on my on point strips today too. Love your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori comes up with such fun designs!! Your quilt looks wonderful, what a great chance to use some of your prepared scraps. I bet your Thanksgiving pies were delicious!!

    ReplyDelete