Wednesday, July 20, 2011

QUILT SHOPS IN MONTANA

Now that we had a little extra time, it seemed like a good idea to visit a couple quilt shops!  I looked up American Patchwork & Quilting's website to search for a few shops.  I came up with a list and also got some suggestions from Jennifer, who commented on my last post.  Thanks, Jennifer!  I did stop at Quilters' Corner in Deer Lodge, MT.  The owner has the shop packed with all kinds of tempting things and said that she does a big on-line business.  


The next day we were in Bozeman, MT and we were too early for one of the shops, so continued on to Reproduction Fabrics.Com.   I didn't know if they had a store front or if they would be open.  It was located in an office building.  The sign on the door said the hours were 12 to 3 PM.  But there was a phone number to call Margo for an appointment.  I decided I might as well call.  She told me she was on her way over and would be there in a couple minutes.  Yea!  Margo Krager is a font of information and even provided me with hand-outs containing information on reproduction fabrics, quilt styles, etc.  This is what I bought.

I also got these fabric reproduced labels.  I'm going to put these on some bags.

Yesterday we found a camping site rather early in the day, so I was able to do some sewing.  I made the latest Civil War block and did some other piecing.

Today we plan to go to Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument.

7 comments:

  1. I love shop hopping on road trips;) Glad the store owner was coming in and you were able to get a personlized discussion with her;)
    Happy Traveling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old building, looks like a bank! Great purchases, especially the labels.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like that stop was great.
    Love your latest block.
    Those labels are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That block and those fabrics are great! Thanks again for the trip pictures! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to be able to include a shop hop in your travels! Lovely fabrics and that's a very nice block. Delighted that you are having so much fun! Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Margo's shop online! I'd love to visit in person.
    Gorgeous block!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I was shop hopping with you! Your Civil War blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete