Friday, April 4, 2008

Charity quilt

Today I stayed home from work so I could make a quilt for children's hospital critical care unit. We are able to take off one day per year to do volunteer work, and my quilters guild makes quilts for the hospital. At my guild meetings we have a BOM and there is a drawing to see who will win them. The blocks I used were ones I won a couple months ago. It is flannel and all I had to do was sew them together , sandwich the quilt , etc. All I have left to do is put on the binding. I'll try to get that finished tomorrow and will post a picture of the completed quilt. I practiced my free motion quilting and don't claim that it is the best job in the world. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks happy and perfect for children! And you get to have a day off for volunteer work? How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great childrens quilt, looks like you are doing a great job, can't wait to see the finished quilt.
    If you get this comment on Saturday evening , will you give me a call? J

    ReplyDelete