Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Two Beautiful Quilts from the Quilt Show and More

It has taken me a while to finish getting all the pictures of quilts added to my blog.  This one is one of the best quilts in the show.



Another beauty!

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get these quilt pictures added.  Next I took a picture of my design wall which is behind my chair. 



 On the left is a quilt top that I put together from a panel that I bought at the quilt show.  The sashing and borders are from my stash - valentine fabrics that I have had for years and was thinking of giving away, but glad that I didn't.  To the right of that top is a baby quilt that I have had in the works for a few years and have neglected it a lot.  It is on my UFO list and I decided to work on it and now it is almost finished!

Canuck Quilter is having a Two Color Mystery Quilt-Along and I signed up for it.  Then I kind of forgot about it, so I am a little bit behind.  Yesterday I went to my local quilt shop, Boersma's, to get fabric for the baby quilt size.  I decided to sign up for this because I have been a "blogger friend" of Canuck Quilter for a long time.  When I first started a blog, it was on the American Patchwork and Quilting blog that they advertised in the magazine back in November of 2007.  There were other quilters that started then and Canuck Quilter was one.  I'm not sure exactly when she started, but after a while the magazine decided to close their blog and a bunch of us transferred to Blogspot.  Later, in 2010, there were 12 people in the "APQ Blogging Buddies" group.  We followed and commented on each others posts and even made a "friendship" quilt together!  I have met some of the other members of the group in person.

Anyway, if you go to her blog site, I believe you can still sign up for it.  She has become a quilt designer and has patterns for sale in a lot of shops, including Boersma's!!  Right before Christmas they had one of her patterns hanging next to the Christmas fabric!  The quilt-along pattern is free for people who sign up before April 11.  She sends out notices on Thursdays, so I am looking forward to seeing that one in a couple days.  I started cutting the fabric yesterday and I think the next notice will tell us to start sewing pieces together!  

While at Boersma's, we (my next door neighbor and I) saw this new quilt hanging and thought you might like to see it too.


We loved it and I took a couple of pictures (not the best) that will give you an idea.  My friend's hand is pointing out the binding.  Boersma's shop is wonderful and is only about a mile from my house!  Very convenient, right?  Well, thanks for visiting again.  I better get eat breakfast and get ready for walking with 2 neighbors.  One owns the hand in the picture and we have walked together for about 10 years now.  

3 comments:

  1. Those show quilts are fantastic. Extraordinary talent and execution. The quilts on your stall look great and the quilt shop quilt has such effective use of light/dark fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two quilts from the show are incredible!!
    Looks like you are making great progress on your UFOs. That is my current focus, as well.
    I follow Joanne, but chose not to do the mystery, as I am drowning in UFOs, and signed up for a BOM anyway. I have not cut out a single thing for it, as there seems to be so little sewing time lately. I will be interested to see how your mystery quilt turns out.
    That is a really clever quilt hanging in your nearby shop. How lucky to have a great shop so close by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the quilt show photos, it's always fun to see what's going on in the quilty world beyond our valley. Boersmas will always be my favorite quilt shop even though I'll never have a chance to get back there. We don't have anything of that caliber within 75 or 100 miles. You have an amazing number of projects going on, I'm a bit envious. Your time management skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete