Thursday, February 29, 2024

More Quilts from the Oregon Quilt Festival

 Before I add the pictures I want to tell you that I am now trying to help quilters in my guild who want to learn how to quilt their own quilts.  I learned how to do the quilting from some other bloggers and I am forever grateful to them.  One of the first quilters that I contacted was Elaine Adair Elaine Adair Pieces in Nebraska.  She was kind enough to give me some advice and I was very encouraged to continue.  Then, sometime in 2011, Joann from Thread Head started a year long, monthly challenge with actual experts in quilting giving us training and then an assignment to complete.  This really got me going and was a great boost to my quilting.  Since then, I have quilted all my own quilts and have even won a lot of ribbons for them.  

Two friends came over today and I shared some of my ideas on quilting and they practiced a little on my sewing machine.  I hope I will be able to help the quilters that are interested in quilting their own quilts and give them the encouragement to practice and keep working on it.

Now on to more quilts from the quilt show!  I tried to get pictures of the description as well, but didn't get all of them.



















This will be it for today.  I will add a few more next time when I get more organized.  Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I feel like these outdid the quilts from the last post. That must have been one amazing quilt show! (I haven't been to any lately - I'm not sure if they just haven't had any locally or I've fallen out of the loop since my guild folded.) And that is so wonderful that you're sharing your quilting knowledge. Quilting your own quilts is such a daunting task (even for me with the big machine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show quilts are amazing. So many talented quilters as are you Ruth. Your quilting has inspired me many times, in particular, your feathers. I’m determined to learn how to quilt them. You always make such beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete