Monday, January 31, 2022

A VERY BUSY MONTH

I can't believe I haven't posted since January 8th!  I hadn't done much sewing over the Christmas holiday so I wanted to get started and get something done.  I had this quilt in progress up until the borders needed to be added.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but finally decided to add the sawtooth stars all around.  I think I made 46 stars so that with the border added the final measurement would come to 90" x 104" for a good size queen size quilt.  I have made 5 quilts for future family wedding gifts.


Most of the blocks were started when Barbara Brackman was posting her Westering Women blocks.  I didn't make all of them, but most of the blocks in this quilt are from those, except the large center one and at least the blue and black block on the right side.  Here are a couple close up of blocks.



My next project will be to quilt this one as well as 3 other quilt tops that I finished recently.  I bought backing fabric for this quilt, but now I can't find it.  I cleaned up my sewing room for my sister to sleep in and I don't remember where I put it.  

I hope you have been doing a lot of quilting so far this year! I'm doing the best I can.  

Happy quilting in 2022 and hoping you are all well.
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of stars, never mind the work of figuring out how to get all the blocks together in such a great arrangement. Good luck finding the back - we always lose stuff when we clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty top. Will you long arm this or use your DSM?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! It is gorgeous and the star border is the cherry on top! Did you talk to Kate at your quilt guild about having me? Thank you if you did and I'll be coming in April, if covid stays down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stars along the outside edge really sparkle. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete