Saturday, October 30, 2021

FALLING LEAVES AND HALLOWEEN

 Before I get to the falling leaves and Halloween, I want you to know that I have been quilting.  In my June 30 blog of this year, I had a picture of some quilt blocks laying out on the floor.  We were in Florida at the time and my DGD (12 yo) helped me sew these blocks together.  I finally got around to adding borders and am now in the process of getting it quilted.  It will be going back to Florida for either her Christmas gift or birthday gift (Dec. 27) as she said she wanted it.  The quilt was originally a project made to use up some fabric, with large and easy blocks and would probably be a donation quilt.  I am quilting baptist fans on it and had to make a trip to the LQS to get a new pedal for my sewing machine and a marking pencil for tracing the pattern.  The pen that I had just wasn't working well enough.

Here is a picture of the quilt under the needle and I'm about half way done with the quilting.  While I was at the LQS, I planned to get more of a certain fabric for the binding, but they didn't have any.  I went back today to double check because maybe someone shelved it in a different location, but I had to get something else.


The leaves are falling fast, but the beauty speaks of God's wonderful creation.  Our next door neighbor has a large maple tree, so the we have been blessed with lots of beautiful red leaves.  I think I know what I will be doing today as there are a lot more that have fallen.





Now to the Halloween part:  Our neighbor across the street has this hanging on his garage!

Isn't this a beauty?

Our decor for the season is much less spectacular:


The  weather promises to be pleasant this weekend, so we may have a lot of trick or treaters at the door tomorrow night.  Have a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Maybe a less spectacular entry but way way more inviting! Our leaves are pretty much dropped in the yard, though the mountains still have some color. Rainy days don't invite long country drives sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours in the trees and on your porch. Just beautiful. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those lovely leaves....look like sugar maple and they are always the prettiest

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be a very pretty quilt, and I'm sure your GD will treasure it! Those maple leaves are gorgeous! I've never seen maple leaves around here, but my Arizona Ash is beginning to turn a little yellow, and soon my front yard will be golden all over. Glad today is the last day of October! November has to be better for me. Have fun raking those beautiful leaves! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leaves and fun Halloween decorations are great! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Having your GD help and gifting it to her sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you getting halfway on the quilting. I haven't yet attempted quilting Baptist Fans on a large quilt, but I have a couple in the queue that are intended for that design.
    Love the Fall color!
    The spider is incredible, but your seasonal decor is much more my speed.

    ReplyDelete