Monday, July 2, 2018

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

This is my first Patriotic quilted wall hanging that I made in 2001~  I have loved it all these years.


Next is my all time favorite, Colonial Glory, that I loved when I saw Lori's - click here for her blog.  It's hanging on the quilt rack that my DS#3 and DIL made for me one Christmas.


Another small wall hanging is this wool appliqué hanging on a skinny space in my living room.


Here's a few pictures of my outside decorations.




In the mean time, I have just finished the table runner top - "Topsy Turvy" from the Spring/Summer 2017 issue of Quilt Sampler and designed by Kim Gannaway.

It is paper pieced and almost was a disaster, but I managed to get it done!


I did a lot of paper piecing when I made my Dear Jane quilt, but it had been a while.  My first mistake was not noticing that my printer was copying pages at 93%!  That doesn't work well, when other pages were at 100%.


It's not a large difference, but does not work!  The 93% section is on top of the correct size, so I had to remake several sections.

Of course, I had to rip out some PP sections when I didn't place the fabrics the right way.  I folded the light section over so you can see how it should have been.


After fixing everything, here is the completed top!  It measures approximately 17" x 38".


I really like it and may make another one since I have several sections already done with the 93% sized foundations.  I would have to reprint all the sections with the same 93% that was incorrect the first time.  I will have to think about that.

We will be having neighborhood fire works here as well as traditional summer food such as hot dogs, potato salad and watermelon!  With strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Do you have any plans?

5 comments:

  1. And a happy 4th to you and yours! I love that little runner, but don't do paper piecing, so will admire yours from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your red, white and blue quilts. Perfect for summer and the 4th. The paper pieced runner is so pretty, I like the design very much. I have done some paper piecing but I am always nervous about it. I guess I need to practice more! Have a great 4th! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely decorations, Ruth. Enjoy the holiday! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a nice patriotic collection; I have always loved the first one! Your yard and flowers are beautiful! Glad you got Topsy Turvy figured out and fixed. I'm still struggling to finish my blue stars; probably won't make it be Wednesday. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy seeing your "4th" decor. I have just barely been putting mine out--so behind this summer!
    What a pretty table runner. After all of the redos I applaud you for even thinking about making another. :)

    ReplyDelete