Friday, February 13, 2015

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Yes, I know it's tomorrow.  :-)

I finished this table topper this week, so now I have 2 toppers for my round table!


The quilting is a little different from the other one.  You can see them both in THIS post.


I was looking through a box of old cards that my Mom had saved and found these two valentines.  This first one is from my Dad to my Mom.  I don't know the year, but suspect it's from the 40's.  They got married in 1935.



This is a card I received in 1953!  I was just 9 years old on this Valentine's day.  You do the math if you want to.  :-)



My Mom was so good about sending cards to everyone.  A little before we got married in 1962, my parents bought a card and gift shop and sold Hallmark cards for many years.  My Mom was in 7th heaven!  She just loved it.

Hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day!

11 comments:

  1. Your quilting on both table toppers is gorgeous! Of course, you know I would probably lean toward the lilacs as my favorite simply because of the color, but I could enjoy either one. Someday I'm going to get good enough to show some curvy quilting --- maybe. I envy yours. Until Sunday PM it will be near 70 here, but down to maybe the teens Tuesday AM! Did I tell you I'm ready for Spring??? Yeah, I think I did! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That topper is STUNNING!!! Purple is my favorite color. The cards are so special!

    Would you tell me the pattern name for the topper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have those special cards and have a memory to go with them. Your table topper looks so pretty. I wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty topper.
    I loved seeing your vintage valentines. I have some from my mother and they are a real treasure to me.
    Happy Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, the purple table topper is gorgeous! I love those fabrics, they will look so nice this spring! Thanks for sharing your cards, they must hold very special memories. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The topper is stunning. You will have the prettiest table.
    The Valentine cards are so cute.
    I imagine it would be like us having a fabric a fabric shop. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table topper!
    I love vintage Valentines. What sweet treasures. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a striking table topper with exquisite quilting. Perhaps you should make a Texas bluebell version?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet to have those vintage family valentines! Love your table-topper too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely table topper and such sweet cards. Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the vintage cards - so pretty. And also your table topper. I also have a round table and might try that shape for a topper.

    ReplyDelete