Saturday, August 9, 2014

ON THE ROAD TO OREGON

Tuesday, we flew via Southwest Airlines from Portland, OR to Dallas, TX to load all our worldly goods onto a truck to transport to Oregon.  

Wednesday, I had a delightful breakfast with a dear friend, we picked up the truck, and got it loaded - it all fit!  Yea!!  


We had help with the loading.

After everything was on the truck, I made my way over to the local quilt shop in Cedar Hill, TX, Corner Square Quilts.  Some of the members of the guild I have belonged to for about 13 years came there to visit with me.  It was good to see them again after 2 months of being gone.  Be sure to visit this shop if you are ever near Cedar Hill, TX!



That evening another member of the guild invited DH and myself over for supper and we had a wonderful meal and visit with them.  I will sure miss my friends in Texas!

We have traveled about 1500+ miles since Thursday - 3 days - and tonight we're in Nevada.  We should arrive at our new home sometime Sunday or Monday.  The picture below is of a rest stop in Texas.


We're getting new carpet put down on Thursday, so we plan to unload the truck into the garage and I will work on the kitchen and DH will continue painting before Thursday.  Then we will be able to put down the carpet with no furniture in the house.   Things are going as planned!

Happy quilting!

11 comments:

  1. We just moved a month ago. We only moved about 20 miles, but I know what you're going through. I hope it all goes as planned and you get back to stitching soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to say good bye to old friends! But now we have the internet and blogs and all kinds of ways to stay connected! It sounds like things are going smoothly, though I know you have a lot of hard work ahead. Soon you will be settle in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want to avoid that rest stop! : )
    How nice to get to visit with your friends on your trip back. Hope everything continues to go smoothly with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe and happy travels! Will look forward to seeing pics of the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continue with safe travels! When you get settled I will need to come and visit and see your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe travels and a happy homecoming! Leaving old friends behind is hard but all new adventures await. Hope everything goes smoothly with the move and you are all settled soon. Can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I lost my post. Better twice than none right? Anyway Wow you are really moving fast. I am so happy for you that you have all of your 'stuff' and are on your way home. It will be so much easier to get the rest of the painting done and the carpet installed while the house is empty. Safe travels. Hope the week goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you, can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear all is going according to plan. I don't envy you, though, with all the work of moving, but from all you've shared, it will be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping you are there by now, and I hope you had traveling mercies all the way! Again, I will remind you to take a break often so you don't wear yourselves out! Looking forward to pictures. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear your move is going smoothly so far... and it's much better to paint and have new carpet installed before the furniture gets moved in.

    ReplyDelete