Wednesday, December 7, 2011

ELI'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!

Over the weekend we went to Eli's first birthday party!  I helped my DIL make the giraffe cupcakes (see picture below).  He is such a little cutie and he enjoyed his party.  He's taking a few steps at a time now and seems real pleased with himself!



These are some of the giraffe cupcakes!  Quite a production to make, but they tasted very good.

DH had some quality time with Jonah.  He is getting so grown up now - 3 1/2 years old!

Last week I finished a couple more outfits for Abigail's doll.  Here she is in her play outfit - overalls and a shirt.

I put the ladybug buttons that I won on her overalls.

Here she is ready for bed in her new nightgown.

It was so much fun making the doll clothes.  And our short trip for Eli's party was wonderful!  It rained all day on Sunday, but didn't dampen our spirits.  That evening we put ornaments on their Christmas tree.  We'll be going back there for Christmas, but are home now for a couple weeks.  I need to do a little more shopping and get some packages in the mail.  Plus bake some cookies, etc. etc.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Eli!!! What a cutie...and those cupcakes...can you send me one in the mail...I will pay!!

    Love your doll dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli looks like he is having a good time athis party. He is so cute.
    Those cupcakes are just too cute. I bet they were a bit of a chore to make, but worth it.
    The doll clothes are very pretty. They will be loved for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time!! Such cute clothes you are making too. The dolly is going to have a wonderful wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your grandson's 1st birthday! The cupcakes are adorable, as are your grandsons! I loved making doll clothes for my daughters dolls...am hoping to do the same for granddaughters ... some day. I wanted to encourage you to do Bonnie's mystery...I am just doing a little bit each week and will catch up later. When I approach it that way ... with out pressure ... I enjoy it more! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun cupcake idea--and it looks like a lot of work. Very nice outfits for the doll. I just bought a couple of patterns to make clothes for the doll my granddaughter will be getting--perfect place for those cute buttons. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eli sure is growing! The cupcakes are such a cute idea. And the doll clothes are sweet. Abigail is going to be so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Eli! Nothing like a one year old getting into his birthday cake. He sure is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember seeing this blog earlier, but why didn't I comment then? This is the second one I missed! I must have really been pre-occupied. Boy, Eli and Jonah are like two peas in a pod, and both so cute! I bet they loved those cupcakes. And the doll clothes are going to be so much fun for Abigail! Glad you got to make the BD party, and I know you are looking forward to the Christmas trip. Have fun, and be careful! (I'm still not ready, but I'm trying!) ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete