Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cooking for Christmas

It's time to get busy and prepare food for the family coming for Christmas.  Yesterday I baked a double batch of cinnamon rolls and put most of them in the freezer.  The pictures are in reverse order, but you get the idea!



Today, I'm making a jello salad, spinach dip and getting a thai salad partly ready.  Tomorrow, I will be making a hugh batch of lefse - a Norwegian potato pancake/flat bread.  It is our favorite Christmas tradition.  I grew up with my Grandmother making it (her parents were from Norway).  I got the recipe from her and my aunt.  My Mom never made it, so as teenagers, we started making it.  I have continued it almost every year since I've been married, and my sons have helped me with it.  One son has made it on his own a few times as well.  Yum! Yum!  

The diet begins after the new year!  Merry Christmas to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment