Monday, July 3, 2023

A Finish and an Outing

I just finished a Christmas Quilt that I made with blocks of the month (BOMs) that were provided by my quilt guild during 2022.  I ended up making them with Christmas fabric and made 2 of some of them to make it the right size - I think I skipped some as well.  I haven't measured it yet, but it isn't big enough for bed size




I have 3 sons and plan to make one for each family.  

I went to my local quilt shop (LQS) a few times, but am keeping my purchases small because I'm saving up on buying fabric until my birthday at the end of this month.  My LQS gives us 25% off for our birthday so I am trying to think about what I might want to buy when the time comes.  In addition to the 25% off, I have 2 punch cards worth $25 each.  When I went there yesterday, I saw some new fabric by Tilda that I really liked, but I want to have a plan for anything that I buy, so I will be trying to come up with ideas.

I went on an outing with the ladies in my Bible study group and we went to the Pittock Mansion in Portland.  Here are a few pictures.  


It was a perfect day.

The view of Mt. Hood which is about 70 miles east.

Another view of Mt. Hood and more of the city of Portland.

Before we moved to Oregon (almost 9 years ago) we would usually come here in June to visit our son and his family.  June seemed like the perfect time to spend here. 

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you have a lovely summer.
 

2 comments:

  1. The Christmas quilt is beautiful and will be nice to curl up with on the couch on a cold wintry day or add as an extra layer to the bed on an very cold night. The photos of Mt. Hood are amazing - is it always so visible? And I'm excited for your birthday bonanza shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt! It doesn't look overyly Christmassy. The Pittock Mansion is lovely! Hope to see you in Dayton in a few week!

    ReplyDelete