Thursday, January 26, 2017

VINTAGE TIN REPORT

I am working on the backing for the "Vintage Tin" quilt top that I made for DH.  BTW, this pattern was designed by Crab Apple Hill Studio.  Here are some pictures of some of the embroidery panels.

These are the top panels.  I personalized the top panel and another panel by changing the pattern's license plates.  The one in this top panel has our old Texas license plate number instead the number that was in the pattern.


This is the backing fabric.  It covers most of the back, but I will still need to do some piecing.  I found this in the "sale basement" of my LQS and I bought all that was on the bolt.






DH has had a few motorcycles in the past, so he liked this block a lot.


The pattern had a California license plate and I changed it to an Oregon plate!  Same goes for the Illinois license plate, which was an Ohio plate in the pattern.  We both grew up in Illinois and lived there some years after we were married.


Hopefully, I'll get the quilting done in the next couple weeks.

11 comments:

  1. Love seeing the closeups! The backing is perfect for that quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embroidery blocks are wonderful and I love the way you personalized the license plates. He will treasure this quilt. I had to laugh at the backing fabric! I just finished ordering the same fabric for a quilt I volunteered to make as an auction item for our motorcycle groups conference next year. What a coincidence!

    Love your quilt and I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is so special! Your personalizing the license plates makes it even more special. The backing is perfect too! Your embroidery is always so well done. As you know, I have one that I need to get to work on embroidery. I have a few questions for you before long about that. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pattern. I love all the very interesting stitching you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've personalized this pattern for your husband. This is such a special quilt and will mean so much to him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful quilt for you to make for you DH. Love the personal touches that you added. Great colors and the backing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work making the blocks apply to your lives. Thanks for the close ups. I love seeing the vintage stuff. I'll bet hubby loves his quilt!
    (The blocks made me think of my Dad, as we have been going through his photos and papers lately. He ran a service station on the road to Yellowstone Park for a while when he came out of the military.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job! Changing a few things to make it even more personal is a great idea. Your stitchery is perfect. Really awesome! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting close ups! Your embroidery is fabulous!!
    great backing

    ReplyDelete

  10. What a great quilt - especially like how you personalized it - makes it really special.
    Have fun quilting it.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the combination of embroidery with quilting. What perfect fabric for the backing and lovely work. I finished Shiny and Brite this year from Crabapple Hill and loved working it. Your flying geese are perfection, something I can only aim for.

    ReplyDelete