The challenge for March was to make a strip quilt. I have oodles of strips saved and need to use them up, so I thought this would be a good idea. I already had 32 strip blocks done and I made 61 more for a total of 93. As you can see in the photo, I make blocks according to color. I haven't put the top together yet, but will sew it together in rows of colors. I've made this type before and I really like how it turns out. I have 9 colors and I usually have 8 blocks per row. They measure 7 1/2" finished, so the finished quilt will measure 60" x 67 1/2" and might add a border to it.
My scrap challenge for April is to work on a scrappy quilt for my granddaughter. I have already started it and it's a Bonnie Hunter design - Bowdacious. April will be a busy month, so I might not get much accomplished.
I also decided to add an additional row to the side and bottom of this scrap quilt top that I made in January.
I still have more triangles to sew together as leader/enders for another future quilt like this one.
In addition, I made 2 sets of place mats to sell in a craft show coming up April 7. The photos are wonky, but they look better in person.
Happy Easter, everyone!