Tuesday, October 16, 2018


I first saw this quilt when I attended a workshop in 2013 led by Bonnie Hunter and she showed us some of her quilts.  I loved it and decided to make it one day.  I just finished it and it will be given to my 9 year old GD for Christmas.  It is very scrappy. 

This back view isn't very good due to the dappled shade.

I just love this border fabric - it was a new fabric at my LQS.

Here's a better picture of the backing.  I'm planning on making quilts with bigger pieces for a while.  This quilt has about 53 pieces in each block!  It take a lot longer to make a block with that many pieces, especially when you need to find scraps that look good together.

I've also been very busy making items to sell at Christmas craft shows in Rickreal OR and McMinnville OR.  Between that, I'm working on Christmas gifts as well.  Here it is the middle of October already!!  This is why I haven't been posting as much lately, or reading and commenting on my favorite blogs.  Sorry, ladies!

Happy Fall!

Monday, October 1, 2018


There was a special exhibit of these quilted kimonos.  This is some of them.

A few more quilts that were judged.

This is my favorite quilt from the whole show.  It is very small, but I just love it!

There were 2 little old ladies who were trying to get a picture of this quilt with a flip phone, but didn't know how to do it, so they asked for my help.  I was lucky to be able to figure out how to take the picture, but didn't know how to actually see the picture on the phone to determine if it turned out OK.  I hope it turned out!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you enjoyed the show!

Sunday, September 30, 2018


Here are some more quilts from the show.  This cat quilt is one of my favorites!  BTW, many of the quilts didn't have an information sheet next to them - if they did, I took a picture of it and have published it after the quilt.

Wool Applique

Another episode coming tomorrow!

Saturday, September 29, 2018


Thursday I drove into Portland (1 1/2 hrs) with a friend to the EXPO center for the Northwest Quilting Expo.  We spent the day looking at gorgeous quilts, browsing vendor booths and purchasing things that we just could not resist!

This first quilt is the "Best of Show" quilt and the quilting is amazing.

There were several exhibits and one was a selection of "Gypsy Wife" quilts.  I am showing one of those.  These are really fun quilts!  There were no information sheets with them.

Another exhibit was a collection of quilts in the collection of Sandy Arbuthnot - some of them that she made herself.  The colors in this triangle quilt didn't turn out very well - it was all blues and white.

Sandy Arbuthnot Collection
 She made the Dear Jane quilt herself.  There were a lot more amazing quilts in her collection.

The rest of these quilts were entered for judging.

Tomorrow I will show you more amazing quilts.  

Saturday, September 22, 2018


Can you believe this?  September will be over a week from tomorrow!!  I must be having too much fun or something - the time is just flying by!

Last year I bought the Quilt Sampler magazine as I always do and in the Spring/Summer 2017 edition, on page 78, I saw a table runner named "Topsy Turvy" that I really liked.  It was from Quilt Haven on Main in Hutchinson, Minnesota.  It only took me a little over a year to finally get around to making it.  It is a paper piecing pattern - not my favorite thing, but not too bad.  First I made one out of civil war reproductions.

Then I decided to make one with Christmas fabrics and I just finished that top.

I also decided to make this "Welcome Wagon Quilted Door Hanger" that is in the Simple Graces book by Kim Diehl on page 88.  I love her designs and I decided to make a couple of these to keep one and give one away.  This is the front section that I have done for 2 of them.  I still have to put them together and make tassels for them.

Does your local quilt shop carry this magazine - Country Pleasures?  It is free at our LQS and it has quilting events (and other crafts) as well as a free block each month.

This is from the May 2018 copy and I decided to use it in a Christmas lap quilt that I am making.

The green blocks are the Disappearing Pinwheel Trinket Box and the red blocks are the Disappearing Pinwheel Roundabout from the June 2018 issues.  The blocks go together quickly and are 14" square, so I didn't need to make a lot of them.  The lap quilt measures 55" x 55".  It isn't quilted yet.

Here's a close-up of the fabrics.

l'm sorry I've been so slack at blogging recently.  I've just been so busy with quilting for craft shows as well as family.  This next week there is a large quilt show in Portland - Northwest Quilting Expo - that I plan to attend, so I will have pictures to post.

Have a great week!