I saw the American Crossroads quilt about 10 years ago and decided I wanted to make it. It was published in the Fall/Winter 2005 Quilt Sampler magazine. I didn't start it until 2016 and finally finished the top in January of this year.
I basted it (as you can see below) earlier this month.
I spent about 11 1/4 hours quilting it on my Janome 6600 sewing machine and finished it last week. My clothes line isn't high enough for it not to hang on the ground. The quilt measures about 100" x 90".
Here are some close up pictures showing that most of the fabrics are civil war reproduction fabrics.
This picture shows the quilting best. First I stitched in the ditch of all the blocks and then I quilted a flower shape on top of each 4-patch. In the border I quilted "Swirl Scroll" from Angela Walters "Free Motion Quilting" book.
Today I also started working on another UFO, a small quilt with embroidered blocks - I'll show this one in another post. It's feeling good to get some of these old UFOs finished!