Friday, March 16, 2018

TOO BUSY TO POST?

 I'm sorry folks, but I have been so busy lately and have neglected my blog.  I have been reading some other blogs and even leaving a few comments, but not as many as usual.

I finished this scrappy Quarter Log Cabin quilt this past week.  The center square of each block is 3" finished of a blace/grey kind of "snakey" fabric that I had used as a backing on my grandson's majestic mountain quilt.  I had bought some bright colored scraps at a quilt show that I used for the logs to make it a little wild.



It was a nice day yesterday, so I went outside and hung these 2 quilts on my clothesline.  It was nice and sunny!  My quilting was wavy lines with a few swirls thrown in.


Don't you love to see quilts on a clothesline?


This is a round robin quilt top to which I just added the final border.  My quilt guild has been making patriotic round robins this year and at the April meeting we will reveal them all and then take them home to quilt and bind for bringing back to the May meeting where we will donate them to veterans that are in the hospital.  The approximate measurement for them is 48" x 60".


I must get back to my sewing machine.  I have been making more strip blocks and have quite a stack built up.  Here are some of them.  Today I made some blue ones and I need to make some purple ones next.


Last week a friend of mine and I went to a vineyard to see some raptor birds.   Here are a few of them.  It was an educational program and donations were taken to help rehabilitate birds.  They are so interesting!



I love the owls!  There was one in the neighborhood and I heard it hooting one time, but never got to see it.  My DH saw it sitting on our fence once.


Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Both those quilts are so special in their own way! Yes, I wish I had a clothes line! The birds are very interesting, and they make me think of Theri! ---"Lovw"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts Ruth. Everyone seems to be busy at the moment so finding time to sew is a rare treat. Love those birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a happy, colorful quilt.
    The R/W/B round robin turned out well.
    You have a nice stack of string blocks. I like the way you have kept to one color family within a block.
    Beautiful birds! My brother used to have an eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been away from the blogs for a while. I was not able to comment and could not figure out why it was happening. I finally got it sorted out. sigh
    Love the quilts on the line. And that bright colored quilt is so happy and fun. Happy quilting/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been busy too and must get back to my sewing room! Love what your group does with the round robins. Yours is great!

    ReplyDelete