Wednesday, February 28, 2018

FEBRUARY SCRAP REPORT AND NEW GOAL FOR MARCH

I can't believe that I have only had one other post during February!  I have been busy.  At the beginning of the month, I drew my "scrap challenge" item from the jar and it was to work on the Quarter Log Cabin scrap quilt.  I was able to get that top finished and it measures 50" x 62".  I have the backing fabric picked out and just need to find a piece of batting for it.



Here's a close-up of a few blocks.  The large black/grey piece was from the left-overs of a backing and I still have more of that left.  I think I got it at an estate sale.  Does it look like "snake" scales to you?



 I also finished this top called "Scrappy Stars" that I found on the Moda Bake Shop site.  It measures 70" x 100" and will fit a twin size bed.  Most of the blocks were left overs from charm packs, some of which I bought.  I have the backing and batting ready to go.


I drew my "Scrap Challenge" for March and you can see it below.


I really like this one because I already have some blocks ready and I have plenty of strips to make lots more.  The blocks I have here measure at 8" unfinished.  I use pages from the phone book to sew the strips on, and the phone book was pretty small or I would have cut them larger.


I just made up 2 toddler cloth books because we will be going to visit family in April and I will be taking some gifts for the kids.  There is a new baby and I have a quilt already made for him.


I love the pictures of animals with clothes on.


Sew cute!

We're getting close to spring and some flowers are blooming - daffodils and grape hyacinths.  The trees are starting to bloom as well.  Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I like that snake skin fabric, but I really love the border fabric for that quilt! And from a distance you can't tell it's snake skin in the centers, so I suppose I have to admit I like the whole quilt! You HAVE been busy this month. It's no wonder you didn't blog - you didn't have time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good with your scrappy challenges! You're lucky to be seeing spring blooms, we're expecting another snowstorm tomorrow night into Friday - 4-8 inches predicted. But between storms we've had a few days in the 60s and one over 70, so it's not all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed only one post in February too! That makes 3 this year! I love the border fabric on your first quilt shown; reminds me of piano keys a bit. The Scrappy Stars quilt is really pretty, and I love the little book. I used to make those for my boys and grandsons. I hope to get more quilting done soon too. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute fabric books - i know they will be much loved.
    Your stars turned out nice and your scrappy LC is wonderful and so fun to study. All those wonderful scrap strips! the B&W border is fun too.
    Your the scrap master

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your top scrappy stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on those quilts! Love the fabric books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful scrappy quilt!! Best of luck with your March goals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilt tops are great, I love all the colors! The books are wonderful, those are sure to be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous projects Ruth. I love visiting your blog to see what's in progress.

    ReplyDelete