Saturday, February 10, 2018

3 PROJECTS FINISHED AND BLOCK SWAP

I have definitely been busy this week and want to show you some of my finishes.  This first one was kind of fun.  My neighbor (also walking and craft show partner) and I will be participating in more craft shows this year.  She has been sewing up a storm and I have too.  I got an idea in the middle of the night and here is the first one that I made.  The Route 66 wall hanging - for men.  We'll see if anyone wants to buy it.  The sign is hand embroidered.


Place mats are a popular item, so I made a set of four "chicken" themed place mats and have other fabrics set aside for more.



A year or so ago I bought this panel at a quilt show and finally put it together and quilted it.  I like how it turned out and am considering sewing beads on the wreath (not real excited about doing it though).

Here's the back.

Close up of the quilting.  You can't really see the quilting on the large snow flakes, but I quilted over the design in gold thread.  The rest of the quilting is with red thread.



Yesterday I finished the churn dash swap blocks that Barb has organized.   I made 44 pink blocks and 22 black blocks.  I only have 1 black one in the picture because I had already put the batch of 22 in a baggie.


Here's a close up that shows the fabric better.  I'm glad I didn't run out of the pink fabric.  I bought one yard and just barely had enough to make the 44 6 1/2" blocks!  I think this is the 4th block swap that I have done with Barb and I still haven't made anything with 2 of the other swaps.


I love churn dash blocks!  Are any of you participating?  Thanks, Barb, for organizing this!  Have a great weekend everyone.  Try to squeeze in some sewing.

10 comments:

  1. I love the Route 66 quilt! I think my dad would, too! I think you're onto something with that. The little churn dashes are wonderful and the wreath is great without the beads from here! (I understand the lack of wanting to sew them on!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will sell Route 66. It is so beautiful and perfect for a man. Love the chicken placemats too. Some beads on the wreath would be so beautiful. Yes, you have to do it.
    I am participating in the Churn Dash swap with Barb. Don't search my blog for my blocks just yet. I haven't started, ha! Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure some guy will grab that Route 66 piece! I love how you quilted it; it looks like pavement at the bottom. The chicken placemats are cute too. Your quilting on the snow flake panel is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure all those items will go in a hurry at a craft show! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody will snatch that Route 66!
    I especially love your quilting on the red snowflake panel--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made eight placemats last summer for a family reunion auction and they were a big hit. I intended to make more as I had more of the same fabric. I want to gift them to a sister-in-law. Just hasn't happened even though the fabric is right where I can see it every time I walk into the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute craft sale projects!!
    One reason I do not join block swaps anymore- the blocks rarely got made into quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each time I check your blog, I love the header photo of your DJ quilt, it is gorgeous! The Route 66 wall hanging is great, I think it will sell quickly. The chickens are cute, too! The Christmas one is so pretty, the quilting really sets it off, beads or no beads it's great. All the churn dash blocks are so cute. That will be a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute Rt 66 quilt - and your other small projects.
    your blocks look great!
    sent out instructions for mailing yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be proud-this is just the most wonderful array of quilted pieces. I love the way you used that panel to do FMQ on and what a job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Route 66 quilt is wonderful, it should be popular with the guys. I also like the chickens, so cute for the kitchen. The snowflakes are very pretty, beads would be pretty, but your quilting is beautiful and would be enough. And lots of little churn dashes, this will be a fun exchange for you. Hope you are having fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete