Monday, March 19, 2018

CHURN DASH SWAP RECEIVED

 About a month ago I posted a picture of some churn dash blocks (6 1/2") that I was getting ready to send in for a swap.  I had 22 black ones and 44 pink ones - all Civil War reproduction fabrics.

Well, last week I received 66 blocks of all different colors in the mail!  They were packaged in 2 baggies.


I am amazed that there were no duplicate fabrics among the 66 blocks!  And many of the fabrics were totally new to me.  How great is that?


What a wonderful variety!


Here they are all stacked up.  Now, I just need to decide what I will do with them.  I can't wait to see what some of the other swappers come up with.


I'm sorry, but I'm not one of those who will instantly start putting them together.   I'll think on it a while and see what ideas I get and then think about it some more.  Thanks Barb!

12 comments:

  1. Indeed those are beautiful churn dash blocks! You know what I first noticed as I looked at the spread of them? Every one of them has a full seam edge on the outside all around! You won't have to worry about making a skinny seam to save the points when you put them together, like I'll have to with my Block Head blocks, unfortunately. I need a review lesson from Barb! She did a great job, and I know you will too when you put them together. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful variety! They're going to make a wonderful quilt, however you end up putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! It would be exciting to have that bundle to sort through, petting fabrics and studying the ones you had never seen before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Churn dash blocks are always fun to play with, I'm sure you will put them together in something wonderful! You received a nice selection of colors and prints. Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my block, the one on top, last picture! I just love these blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a beautiful bunch of blocks! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I am so excited to see all the blocks! I haven't received mine yet so I am really studying your pictures. So many wonderful fabrics. Eeeeeeeee!
    I'm like you, I can't start sewing away when I get the blocks. I still haven't put the Broken Dish blocks together yet. Haven't picked a layout yet. Enjoy the fabric petting. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you liked the blocks! there were great fabrics this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looked at a close up view of the churn dash blocks. Many, many fabrics that I had not seen. I would have to think about how to set them too. I have seen churn dash settings where they are all churn dash blocks but different sizes. Feel like making some more in different sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're fantastic and will make a fabulous quilt. Looking forward to seeing these in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete