Saturday, January 14, 2017

HEAD START!

The last couple Christmases, I had wished that I had another Christmas wall hanging that I could hang on my large wall.  Well, I found one in this Quiltmania magazine from November/December 2015 that I got on sale at my LQS (marked down to $7).


Here's the wall hanging, Merry Trails, that I have started making for this coming December!  When I first saw it, I thought it was really cute - the vintage car towing a trailer - since we loved camping.  After thinking about it for several months and looking at it again, I decided that it wouldn't really be that hard to make!  It's designed by Barbara Cherniwchan for Coach House Designs.


So, I thought, why not get it done early!  Here is the base for the appliqué.  I made the "snowball" blocks out of snowflake fabric pieces that I bought from my LQS's "scrap chest."  In fact  most of the Christmas tree fabrics are from their scrap chest also.


So, now I'm ready to start with the appliqué, for which I plan to use iron on backing and then machine stitch down.  It will finish at 42" x 54" so is a fairly good size for a large wall.  

9 comments:

  1. Ruth Es precioso !!
    tengo esta revista y me parece preciosos
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Break it down into smaller pieces and you'll have it ready to hang next winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a perfect wall quilt for you! You have a great start on it already. I love Quiltmania, though I only have one copy in my possession, would love to have a LQS again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun wall hanging for the holidays--especially since you are such campers!
    Love the floral car! Your background looks great. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you were going to say you were making the cover project (which is beautiful), but scrolled down a bit to see the camper project and went "CUTE!" I love it! I might have to keep an eye out of that magazine because my parents love to camp (I was raised doing it in tents, but much prefer the hotel-style of camping as an adult!) and it would be fun to make for them. And good for you getting such a head start on next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really cute pattern! The base looks great, have fun with the applique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a terrific design and now is definitely the time to get it done. The lead up to Christmas is so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! You've got a great start with those lovely trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this. Lillian at Lillian's Cupboard.

    ReplyDelete