Monday, January 2, 2017

SQUEEZING IN A LITTLE SEWING

The holidays are over and I haven't been able to do much sewing, what with all the preparations, etc.  Also, my sister is visiting now and we've done a little running around.  She's sleeping in the sewing room so I can't go in and sew early in the morning like I usually do.

So, I got my Featherweight out and set it up on the table so sew some strip blocks for a donation quilt.  I haven't been very good about getting these blocks made up during 2016, but I want to get a quilt made soon.


I made some with orange, brown and blue fabrics.


Here's a small wool appliqué wall hanging that I made with a pattern from Heartspun Quilts that was on line in 2014.  I got 2 made and kept one.


It's hard to decide what to work on next - there are many things to pick from.  I want to have some projects cut for leaders and enders.  I need to be better organized about that and about a lot of other things.  With the cold weather in January, it seems like a great time to hunker down and SEW!  

10 comments:

  1. I have to get better organised about my leader/enders too. I have to finish some SAL like Westering Women. I'm still stuck in Nevada, lol. Love the little wall hanging. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to sewing, every little bit counts. Those are delightful strip blocks and such a cute wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your strip blocks, and that little tree farm piece is so cute! Seems to me you are getting organized for the New Year. Have fun with your sister. It was 70+ here today, but heading for freezing by Friday! I'm staying in! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any time sewing is good time spent. You made progress, so that is good. The strip blocks look great, they will make a very interesting quilt. I love the little red truck, it is so cute! Enjoy time with your sister, that sounds like fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anytime we can snatch a few minutes to sew from the jaws of time is just so good! You always seem so organized and productive, and your strip blocks reflect that with the color coordination of your scrappy pieces. Are you using phone book foundations for those blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We quilters always find a way to get in a few stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The truck with the trees is a very nice piece. That type design has been very popular the last year and a half or so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy this special time with your sister! Sounds like you folks have a lot of cold snowy weather this week - good for a stitching marathon if she's also interested in quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 2017, Ruth. I going to try and get back into sewing after a three year hiatus while my husband was sick. So far I have just purchased fabric. I'll be sewing in the kitchen also as my son moved into my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute wall hanging. Gosh I haven't sewn on my FW in a long time. Your blocks look great

    ReplyDelete