Wednesday, January 11, 2017

BACK TO DEAR JANE

When I got up this morning, this is what I saw!  A winter wonderland!  Even better than the last one! The first 2 winters in Oregon, it didn't snow at all.  Now I guess it is making up for it.


School was cancelled again!  This is heaven for kids.



I started working on the Right Side triangles yesterday and today I finished 5 of them.  They are not perfect.  I had a horrible time with RS-9.  I did one section of the paper piecing 3 times before I got it right and then it really isn't perfect.  I did the appliqué by machine, except for the leaf shape in the first one (RS-6).

RS 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
So far, I have 24 of the triangles finished, which means that I have 28 more to make, plus the corner blocks.  I definitely plan to finish it this year!

11 comments:

  1. They look beautiful. Just started on a few DJ blocks enjoying those so far, have no idea if I will ever get to the triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow is impressive, but the triangles are even more so, IMHO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your triangles look perfect, it's always amazing to me how much detail is in every one of these blocks/triangles. Enjoy your snow, I'm so happy we aren't having to deal with driving around in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are looking fabulous! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your blocks look great. Makes me want to get mine out and finish the quilt. I have it all done except for the outer border

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of the snow, maybe you will build a snowman today!! Your DJ blocks are great. Hug's, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow outside, sewing inside! Great combination. Love your triangle blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like I'm always saying your DJ blocks---and triangles---look perfect to me! I have no doubt you will finish that beautiful quilt this year. Your snow is beautiful! I hope people know how to drive in those conditions better than we do here in Texas. So far this year my county has been lucky, but DFW metroplex had some troubles a few days back. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  9. With temps to hit 43 degC plus today (we've had two weeks of this) I wouldn't mind a little snow. It always looks so pretty but I realise that it has its drawbacks. Those DJ blocks are amazing - even more complex than the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look good to me! We've been hearing about your snow and laughing at what wimps you are...canceling stuff...I drove to work in freezing rain today and was thankful for a remote starter so I could get back in the car 10 hours later to drive home on worse roads. No schools canceled here (but we do have the equipment to clean the roads...I know you don't).

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty snow photos! you DJ border pieces look great. are they as hard as they seem?

    ReplyDelete