Monday, May 2, 2016

DOLL QUILT SWAP = VERY HAPPY RECIPIENT!

Today I received my doll quilt swap from Amy in Lexington, OH.  All I can say is WOW!!!  It is amazing and I absolutely love it!  She also sent me a quiltscapes note pad.  Thank you so much, Amy!  The pattern is "Sugar Shack" and it appeared in the March/April 2011 issue of Quiltmaker Magazine.  My doll quilt measures 17 1/2" x 18 1/4".



I took a bunch of pictures so you can see the fabrics up close.


 Of course, all the fabrics are civil war reproductions.


Amazingly, there are only a few of the fabrics that I have ever had.  I love that about it!


The pink triangle is one of the fabrics that I have (or had - I may have a scrap of it left).


I love all the different shirtings!


Are you jealous yet?


I feel like I hit the jackpot in this doll quilt swap.  Thanks to Lori of Humble Quilts for organizing it.

19 comments:

Karen said...

I really like the triangle design of this doll quilt. Unusual.

Scrap and quilts said...

I am very jealous. It is just gorgeous! WOW indeed. Very well done Amy. Lucky you, Ruth! Enjoy! ;^)

---"Love" said...

Ditto to what you said: WOW! I've never seen that pattern, but I really like it. I don't think I've ever had any of those fabrics either. Funny, isn't it, how different areas have different fabrics? Also I just have to tell you, your pansies and their setting is lovely. ---"Love"

Marsha said...

You did hit the jackpot and I am jealous! That is a wonderful quilt with all of the different fabrics. Amy made a cute little quilt for you!

Debbie Lou said...

Darling little doll quilt. Enjoy!!!

Lori said...

It looks like a hard one to make! Love it!

belarmina said...

Ruth tu colcha es muy bonita!!
nunca antes vi un trabajo con este diseño
saludos

Rebecca in AK said...

Lucky you! That is a great little quilt. Quite a unique design. So glad you took the close up photos, I enjoyed seeing the different fabrics.

Janet O. said...

You really scored! Such a unique design--love it. And I love Quiltscape stuff, too. That was a fun package for you!

Barb said...

lucky you indeed! love it

Jeanne said...

What a great doll quilt you received!

Vic in NH said...

It's a beauty and I truly did marvel at the huge variety of shirtings! Thank you for the close ups!

Marie C said...

Very sweet! What a wonderful thing to receive!

Cheri said...

Beautiful quilt!

Ramona said...

Wow! Gorgeous quilt! All of those tiny triangles must have been a challenge.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a totally unique and cool little quilt! (and on another note, I love the quilt in your header!)

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

WOW i love the unique design.. it's perfectly scrappy too!!

Susie Q said...

You did a GREAT job with the pictures.... these old eyes apopreciate it!

Danice said...

Darling quilt with wonderful fabrics. 'Love it :)