Wednesday, October 7, 2015

QUILT SHOW IN HILLSBORO, OR

Saturday, I went to the Westside Quilters Guild Quilt Show in Hillsboro, OR.  It was a beautiful drive through the countryside from where we live and there were many amazing quilts!  I didn't take very many pictures, so this is only a small sampling of the quilts they had on display.

This first one is stunning!


This "veggie cat" quilt is excellent and adorable.


I took a few close-up shots too.  As you can see, the cats are in the shape of a vegetable!








I loved this quilt.  The pieces are 1" each!


This one was interesting and a lovely wall hanging.




This was one of my favorites and was all made out of half-square triangles (HSTs)!







Hope you enjoyed the show!  And, yes, I did buy some fabrics from vendors and we visited a tiny quilt shop too.  It was a very fun day!

10 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Wow lovely eye candy to start my morning. Thanks for posting.

CecileD said...

Oh Yes I enjoyed the show !! Especially the "veggie cat" quilt !!
Amazing and unusual !!
Thank you sharing Ruth !

Karen said...

If you want to make one of those postage stamps quilts, I have a bunch of 1 1/2" squares I can send you.

---"Love" said...

Thanks for sharing that wonderful quilt show! I can already see you making HST's and cutting and stitching together 1" squares! Even I am tempted! ---"Love"

Janet O. said...

Some very unique quilts here!
I love that first one--so lush in color.
The cat quilt is so fun--my Mom and sister would get a kick out of it, for sure.
And the tiny squares--wow! People call me crazy, but I could never do that! : )

Barb said...

Wow...all of them are wonderful but I have to say that zebra was fantastic. Thanks for showing

Doniene said...

Enjoyed the tour very much!! so glad you shared!! Very lovely!

Blessings and hugs!

a good yarn said...

You may have only snapped a few quilts but wow - did you pick good ones! Glad you had a lovely time.

lillianscupboard said...

You certainly captured some unique quilts for this post.

Barb said...

I always love to see a quilt show - thanks! my favorite is that Zebra