Sunday, October 25, 2015

A SMALL QUILT FOR BLOGGER'S QUILT FESTIVAL



I love to make small quilts to use for home decorating, be it table runners, wall hangings or doll quilts.  This is a quilt I have made out of civil war reproduction fabrics.  I made 4" finished sawtooth stars (one of my favorite blocks) out of different blue prints, using the same background fabric for all of them.  Placed on point with a blue alternate inner blocks and brown setting triangles.  The quilt measures 21 1/2" square.



I quilted it myself on my domestic sewing machine by outlining the stars,  and quilted a star in the inner blocks.  The triangles have free motion feathers quilted in them and the border has loops.

         

I'm entering this quilt in the small quilt category of the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Follow the links to find out more and to see more of the quilts entered.

16 comments:

  1. Love Love Love your little quilt. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, you did beautiful work again! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, both of your entries in the Blogger's Quilt Festival are winners in my book - just perfect!!! And all your "catch-up" updates are so nice. You have been a busy stitcher!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little quilt! [btw, I know exactly where McMinnville is.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the close ups of those gorgeous Civil War era reproduction fabrics, it is a great small quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet little quilt Ruth, I love the dark subtle colors and that hooked feather design you quilted in the setting triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like smaller quilts because they get done faster and you feel a certain satisfaction in completing something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The border fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those lovely blues with the chocolate browns. And your free motion quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love Blues & Browns..it's a classic. Love those beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely star quilt! good luck in the festival

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty quilt! I love blues and browns together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one got a vote from me! I seem to gravitate to traditional patterns. This is beautiful! I've got one in the hand quilting category. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like it a lot and the border fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete