Friday, October 16, 2015

CATCHING UP

Now that my log cabin quilt is finished, I need to catch up with a few things.  First, I decided to make a couple test blocks from the pattern, Pineapple Nine Patch.  I have admired this quilt for some time and am thinking about making it.  I cut some fabrics and sewed 2 blocks together to see what I think. I chose greens, browns and some blues for the dark and creams to yellows for the light.  I'll keep these 2 blocks on my design wall for a while to decide what I want to do.  Some of the fabrics are batiks and some are not.  


My guild here in Oregon always does a Round Robin quilt and I have never done one before.  I really hadn't planned to participate, but then I thought, "Why not?", so here is my center block - a butterfly.  I just have to embroider the antennae and I'm ready to turn it in next month.  I hope I'll be able to keep up with it each month.


Here's my design wall for today.  It is a hodge podge of things.  First, you will see a hummingbird.  I don't know what I'm going to do with him,

Second is a red/white/blue block that I will be using to make a Quilt of Valor.  I hope it will turn out OK.  I'm using it as a leader/ender project.

Under the Pineapple Nine Patch is a table runner of HSTs that I haven't sewn together yet.  I have sold 2 of these from my Etsy shop, so I decided to make another one.  I use charm packs for the colored half of the half square triangles.

Under that on the left is a table topper I'm making for my Etsy shop as well.  It is basted now along with a couple other table runners.  The other stars & multi-colored HSTs are up there to try to figure out what to do with them.



This blue and white table runner/dresser scarf was started back in Texas before we moved.  I'm not sure when I did the embroidery on it.  I finally got it basted for quilting.

 
Here's a close up of the embroidery.


Last, but not least, I have been doing some knitting while I watch TV at night and I've made 3 sets of this doll skirt and hat.  Of course, she has to have a blouse to go with them.  I got the yarn at the Good Will store in a large bag full of real nice yarn.  So far I've made 3 sets of skirts/hats and I don't know how many dish cloths with the yarn.


Here's the other color.  It looks pretty red here, but is really more rusty.  These will go to my DGD for her doll and the extra ones can be given to some of her friends.


Have a great weekend!  It's supposed to rain for the next 3 days here in Oregon.  

10 comments:

  1. Those pineapple nine-patch blocks are looking great. I love the colors you've chosen for these blocks. Maybe that little hummingbird will find a place to light on your round robin when that top comes home for quilting. We're predicted to have snow showers all weekend, far too soon in my opinion, especially since the trees are still in glorious color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all of those fun projects!
    I really like your butterfly block.
    And, of course, the little star blocks caught my eye. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the half squares, and of course, the stars, but that pineapple block looks complicated. Your blue embroidered piece is beautiful, and reminded me that I need to ask you some questions soon about the pattern I won from your blog. Your little Sweetie Pie will love the knitted doll clothes! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy design wall !! Your projects are all beautiful....
    Tell me Ruth, are you sleeping ??? Lol ! :))))
    Great work.....
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful projects on the go there Ruth. I'm struggling to manage just a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ruth, you have some beautiful projects on the go, I love your blue embroidered table runner. Its so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't seen a pineapple nine-patch before. There's a block with great potential! I look forward to seeing that project evolve, as well as all the other goodies on your design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty table runner...it was fun seeing all of your different blocks on your wall...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and busy design board. I love all the stars. What a pretty dresser skirt!
    Cute dolly clothes -

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy! You need to do at least two more PNP blocks so you can see the magic happen. The colors you've chosen are wonderful. Your design wall is a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete