Friday, October 23, 2015

BLOGGER'S QUILT FESTIVAL FOR FALL




It all began here at a quilt shop in the Chicago suburb of Barrington that Beth took me to.  I saw the log cabin quilt (scroll down on my link to see it) and really, really loved it.  I knew it would be crazy to make one with one inch logs (unfinished).  Yes, that's one half inch finished!

I started the quilt sometime around the beginning of 2012 and finished it October 8, 2015 - just this month.  It is a scrappy quilt and measures 85" x 95".  Most of the piecing was done during our travels across the USA in our camper while visiting our 3 sons spread out from Florida to Oregon and visiting as many national parks as we could along the way.  I remember working on it while in Mississippi waiting for our truck transmission to be fixed.  My Featherweight got a workout on this quilt (and others).

It was finished and quilted with hooked feathers on my Janome 6600.   This link will show some sewing that was done in our camper on my Featherweight sewing machine.



I am entering it in the Scrappy Division of Blogger's Quilt Festival.

Here is the Festival Schedule:
October 23-29, 2015 – Linky’s Open & Nominate for Viewer’s Choice
October 29-Novebmer 5, 2015 – Vote for favorites in each of the categories

Each blogger may enter two quilts in separate categories. 




14 comments:

  1. I love this quilt Ruth! Nice to see it here at bloggers quilt festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt there will be lots of pretty quilts shown, but none will be more beautiful than yours! You'll be getting my vote for sure! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a gorgeous quilt. I went back to the link to see the sewing in the camper and then got a chuckle at the grandsons back then...so darn cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's awesome!!!! What an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is beautiful and has quiet a story to tell--each of your sons will want this quilt for their own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the story behind your beautiful quilt. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is glorious! What a beautiful quilt. I love the subtle color shifts in your darks and lights. Definitely one of my favorite quilts in the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love everything about it -- logs, blocks, setting, colors. It's beautiful. I'm trying to imagine sewing so many 1" logs. Maybe some day....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful quilt! Amazing that you did it with one inch strips finishing at a 1/2 inch. Such a treasure!,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly fantastic! You should be very proud of yourself. So inspiring, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! Ruth, this is a stunning log cabin quilt. I LOVE the feathers quilted on it, too. What a treasure to have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Om goodnesss - that log cabin is stunning. I esp like the bits of electric blue that give it more "zing"!

    ReplyDelete