Thursday, May 27, 2010

PACKAGE FROM AUSTRALIA!

Today I received a package sent by Ann from Australia! It contained 2 more blocks for the block swap, a box of candy and an Australian quilting magazine. I love the blocks (especially the border on the red and blue one)!
Look at this box of chocolates!! Thanks, Ann! I was afraid they would be melted, but they were fine.
In between getting ready for our next trip, I've been making string blocks. I started by making 2 per day, but upped it to 4 per day because they go so fast. So far, I have 34 blocks! I love these blocks and can't wait to put them together!
I also made some more of these Scrappity-D0-Dah blocks. I started making these in January and haven't done much with them. I now have counted them and tied 100 in one bunch and 50 in another bunch, then made some more. I will need 360 for a queen size quilt. Only about 200 more to go!!

10 comments:

  1. Aren't Ann's swap packages wonderful! Wait until you taste the chocolates! Love the blocks!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun package to enjoy!!

    Great little string blocks you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the box of chocolates still look like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely treasures you have.

    Do you find the string blocks get a little monotonous? You mentioned working on 4 a day. Hmm... maybe if I did that, I wouldn't find it monotonous... I work on 12 at a time.

    I really like the look of the Scrappity-Do-Dah Blocks!

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, Ann's blocks, magazine and chocolates look wonderful! This swap is sew much fun. Your string blocks are gorgeous, too. It will be fun to see what you do with them. I love the Scrappity-Do-Dah blocks. I'm anxious to see how everything goes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is most beautiful, my dear friend. Thank you for sharing. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had that front center chocolate right this instant! *grin* I'm determined to make a string quilt someday! I love those blocks. Did you foundation piece them? ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those string and scrap blocks you have going;) And the goodies and swap blocks are great;) I really need to get back to sewing...still cleaning up from camping;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so pleased you liked your blocks and other goodies, Ruth! Everyone's right - your string blocks are looking good. Making a few at time will whittle down the total soon enough. The Scrappity-Do-Dah Blocks will make a fantastic quilt. Cheers, Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great swap blocks and goodies. You are really doing your string blocks quickly. Can't wait to see both of your WIP all finished. o many wonderful fabrics to look at.

    ReplyDelete