Saturday, May 8, 2010

ARLINGTON QUILT SHOW

After having laryngitis a week ago, it turned into an ear infection and now I'm on antibiotics. I've been able to get some sewing done - not too much quilting because I'm making curtains for DS#2/DIL for their new apartment.

I received another 2 swap blocks along with some pieces of fabric - this time from Kathleen. So far I have received four blocks. By the end of the month, I will have 24 blocks! This is great!!
This afternoon, DH and I went to the Arlington (Texas) quilt show. This quilt top below is not an entry but is displayed by one of the vendors. I really love this quilt. I didn't buy the kit, though, as I have too many other projects to work on. I did buy a couple yards of fabric from them - they specialize in reproductions. Yummy!
The following quilt is a group quilt made by my guild - Cedar Hill Quilters Guild - and we won a blue ribbon. This quilt will be raffled off in October. (No, I didn't work on it).
The rest of these quilts are ones that I really liked. I'm sorry I don't have the names of the quilters who made them. And the pictures aren't the best because I couldn't get back far enough to get the whole quilt in the picture. Hope you enjoy these!






16 comments:

  1. I do hope you feel better soon Ruth. Ear aches are unpleasant. Kathleen's blocks are marevllous! I'll be sending mine to you soon. The quilts from the show are stunning. Your guild quilt is a particular favourite and I wish I could buy a ticket in the raffle. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo's of some pretty quilts. Some are nice traditional patterns, like the Ohio Star, and the Shoo Fly quilt's. All of the quilts are beautiful. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you get to feeling better. We've got to really be sick when we can't sew, that's for sure. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are some amazing quilts, looks like you had a wonderful time at the show. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks fro sharing pictures of all thosde wonderful quilts! I hope you feel better soon. -Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the infection, hope the antibiotics work quickly. YOU GOT COW FABRIC! Love the quilts. I particularly like the wacky setting of the one with the star blocks and the black & white ones are stunning. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you continue to feel better!!
    What lovely quilts. I really love the guild quilt- so much work but a real beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing some pictures from the show. I completely forgot it was going on this weekend. I'll have to try and catch it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilts are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing and happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your welcome on the blocks;) I think that's the last of any cow fabric I have in my stash;)
    It's so fun to see all the different quilts out there;) Thanks for sharing;)
    Happy Mother's Day;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful quilts! I think I see some inspiration for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilts.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I already bought raffle tickets for your guild's quilt! Ha! :) Theri

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing the quilt photos. I really like traditional blocks. Your guild's quilt is beautiful.
    Hope your ear is better quick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos...thanks for sharing. Take good care of yourself and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for sharing the quilt show pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww---! My computer was down, so I missed my calendar reminder! First time I've missed that one in a long time! Thanks for sharing your pictures of those beautiful quilts. Hope you keep feeling better and better! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete