Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ANOTHER FINISH

First of all, I received another set of blocks for the block exchange. I have now received half of the blocks that I will get! This set came all the way from London, England from Breezy Bree. Thanks so much!
Below is the quilt that I finally finished - after having started it almost 2 years ago. It is called "Polka Dot Girls" and I am entering in the Ellis County Quilters quilt show in Midlothian, Texas. The quilt show will be held July 16 and 17.
This quilt has 18 embroidered blocks, which I really enjoyed doing.


Here is my stack of quilts that I will finish on the trip by hand sewing the binding to the back of each. I will have one more added to this, for a total of five!
We decided that we will be leaving on Sunday, May 30, and will take a full week to get to Dayton, OR. On the way we plan to spend a couple nights at Arches National Park, in Moab, Utah. We will be away from home for at least a month this time, so this week we are getting everything ready to go.

12 comments:

  1. Bravo for finishing the Polka Dot Girls quilt. I love the look of embroidery blocks in quilts, but I'm S-L-O-W at it, so I usually stay away from them. Your quilt looks great. Have fun on your trip - try to do more than sew on bindings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt for the show! I've marked my calendar, and hope to see you there! Have a fun month of June, and be careful traveling. I'm so glad you are enjoying your retirement! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Polka Dot Girls quilt! I have one more block to stitch and sew and then my top will be done! Hopefully it won't be long after till the whole quilt is done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful quilts and a fun trip coming up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the swap blocks you have, these have wonderful fabrics in them! Your Polka Dot Girls quilt is fantastic, I love all the detail and the fabrics are so pretty. Looks like you have lots to keep you busy on your trip. Have a fun and safe trip. You will be close to McMinnville, you can stop at the museum and see the Spruce Goose while you are up there. It is really impressive! We visited there a couple of years ago when we visited my husbands kids in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on finishing your Polka Dot girls - my top is finished - I did mine in purples with some green & aqua. But mine is still a top - or a flimsy as I have seen them called. A quilted quilt is a job well done - and it looks lovely. Am I am loving the look of those block swaps.
    have fun on your trip!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your embroidery looks beautiful and I love the quilt. (Good thing I don't live near you... it might go missing, LOL just kidding).
    Have a great time traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks from Karen! Well done for your finish on Polka Dot Girls. It's an amazing quilt. The embroidery is stunning. Have a wonderful trip. I hope someone is checking your post while you are away. Cheers Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Polka Dot Girls quilt. Would you be willing to share the pattern? I am so envious of your retirement. I have at least 10 years till I get there, but then everyone had better watch out, LOL. Do have fun in your travels.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if the computer took my last comment. Love the Polka Dot Girls quilt. Have fun in your travels.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Polka Dot Girls look great and should be hit at the show. Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I like to sew while hubby drives too, keeps me awake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your embroidery is lovely. Finishing this project must have given you a great feeling of satisfaction! Have a safe trip!
    -Joanne

    ReplyDelete