Tuesday, June 13, 2017

PICNIC IN YAMHILL COUNTY, OR, ETC.

Yesterday I went on a picnic with my grandson, who is a college student going into his senior year in September.  On our way to the park, we drove through Yamhill, OR where I took this picture of a barn with quilt blocks on it.


We went to Menefee County Park, which is a small park with 2 picnic tables, a lovely creek flowing through it and huge trees.


It was a cloudy day and the temperature was in the 60s, but at the park it was 59º!  We had a lunch of egg salad sandwiches, watermelon, juice, tea and cookies.


I thought you might enjoy the picture of the "facilities" in the park.  Needless to say we didn't avail ourselves to the use of this facility.


The big news is that I completed the last border of my Dear Jane quilt - the left side.  Here are the blocks.  For your information, I have done a lot of machine appliqué on these blocks and quite a bit of hand appliqué.  By the time I got to this point, I used more machine than hand appliqué, but I did use both methods in these blocks.



I will start working on the corner pieces right away and hope to start sewing blocks together soon.

I don't necessarily plan to work ONLY on my DJ quilt until it's finished, but my desire is to finish it sometime this year.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. It's always fun to spend time with a grandson. It doesn't seem possible that your nice looking grandson will be entering his Senior year in college! I know you're glad to be nearing a finish on your DJ blocks. It is going to be a fantastic quilt that few would even attempt; certainly not me! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice outing with your grandson. Looks like a beautiful place (okay, except for the "facility").
    WooHoo--congrats on getting that border done! The blocks look great to me. You have been tenacious and you are almost at the finish line. Must feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the great park pictures Nd the barn. You are doing great on your Dear Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. A picnic in the park sounds wonderful, it is a very pretty little park. It is nice you got to share it with your grandson, what a wonderful memory. Goo job on the DH blocks, the finish is in sight. You should finish it easily by years end. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty park to enjoy a picnic but the facilities looked a lit too rustic! The painted barn looks so handsome. Those DJ blocks are a triumph no matter how you made them. It's going to be a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a pretty park - ha ha I think I'd go natural before using that privvy...
    Your lunch menu sounds delish!
    Love that quilt barn.
    Your DJ triangles are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed watching your progress on your Dear Jane quilt. You are definitely in the home stretch! Love the barn quilts.

    ReplyDelete