Wednesday, March 23, 2016

UFO FINISHED!

I am so happy to have this UFO finished!  This was my travel project when I retired in 2009 and I started it in December on our first trip after I retired when we traveled by car to Florida.  I had my new (to me) Featherweight along and worked on these blocks in the motel at night.  The name of it is "Scrappity Do Dah" and it was a free pattern that came in a quilting magazine promotion.  It measures 88" x 98" to be a generous queen size.  

Scrappily Do Dah

Here are some close ups of different areas of the quilt so you can see some of the fabrics and the quilting.

Backing fabric has tiny buttons on it.




Another UFO is almost finished.  I started this one a few years ago when Barristers Block had a sew-a-long.  I didn't finish it then, but this year she had another SAL, so I got it out and now I'm quilting it.  It's a Bullseye quilt with raw edges that will fray after I wash it, which I will do after I'm done quilting and binding it.  I'm about half way finished with the quilting.  First I stitched in the ditches and now I'm quilting around the circle (bulls eye) and adding a leaf shape in the corners.  I think that will be enough quilting.  I might quilt feathers in the border.


I'm almost finished with this table runner that I'm making for my Etsy shop.  I just need to sew the binding to the back.  



I bought the backing fabric a toile with birds on it while on a shop hop a few weeks ago in Grandma's Quilt Shop located in Dallas, Oregon.  It's a small town about 20 miles from where I live now.

A week ago I got lucky at an estate sale where there was literally tons of fabric, quilt kits, cross stitch kits and yarn for sale.  I purchased a bunch of fabric for $1/yard as well as kits that I am listing in my Etsy shop.  I'm still not finished listing items from this sale.

Happy quilting!

12 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you've been up to. How large are the Scrappity Doo Dah blocks and the center strips? That looks like a great way to use up some of my larger scraps.

    Beautiful work as always. Our Bulls Eye quilt is one of our favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful quilts here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Scrappily Do Dah is really pretty, and I love the small piece too and its backing. I've never thought of trying the Bullseye, but I'm sure it will turn out really cute. You're really making great progress on everything! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful finish Ruth! Well worth the wait. I hope one day I'll find an estate sale like that for our new quilt ministry group. There are precious few yard or estate sales around here of the caliber of western Oregon ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy girl! They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful scrap quilts. It makes me happy to just look at all those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must feel good to have your "retirement" project finished! What a fun scrap creation.
    Great table runner. That should sell easily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scappity Do Dah is such a great name for your wonderful quilt!! I'm curious about how big the blocks are? I made one similar using 8inch squares. I love your circles too, a wonderful way to play with scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great scrap quilts and yay for a finish! Your quilting looks great and I can't believe you wrestle those big quilts on a domestic machine - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My word Ruth, you make such stunning quilts and these two are no exception. Well done on the sale bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on Scrappity Do Dah, it's magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - you've been using a lot of bits and pieces! Are all the pieces in Scrappity Do Dah different? I couldn't see duplicates!. Same comment on the Bulls Eye - No, I haven't made one either, but "on my list"! as always .

    Happy quilting

    ReplyDelete