Saturday, April 18, 2015

POUCHES AND A BUTTERFLY

I made a few things for my sister's birthday and thought I would share them.  I made her a couple pouches to use as a cosmetic case or whatever.  I like using hexies to embellish them.  These are nice to have as coin purses or credit card holders too.  It's easy to adjust the size for any use.  I used the tutorial from Simple Simon and Company, changing the size to what I wanted and quilting it the way I wanted.


Make them any size for different uses, like a coupon holder, sewing supplies, etc.


I love the blue flowers on white fabric used for the top section and lining.



A month ago or so I received an origami butterfly from a quilter and posted about it here.  Since then, Chantal has posted a tutorial for the butterflies, so I made this one for my sis.  Here is the link to her tutorial in case you want to make some.


Batiks make beautiful butterflies!

12 comments:

  1. The butterfly is very pretty, but those little bags are really cute and will be much loved. I can't even recall when I last stitched in a zipper on anything! I doubt I could still do it, but I may have to give it a try sometime. I really like those; great purse organizers too! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lovely these all are! Lucky sister!

    Thanks for the link to the butterfly tutorial... I'm definitely going to bookmark that!

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet sister you are to make such lovely gifts ! I am sure sister loved them I know I would!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little pouches you've made for you sis. I think the hexies add a lot of charm to it. Great work. I agree, batik do make beautiful butterflies. I'm happy to see you enjoy making it. Thanks for the link up. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little pouches are so cute, your sister is so lucky to have you sew them for her! The batik butterfly is very pretty, too. Batik fabric makes such pretty things. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty little bags--so many ways to fill them!
    Fascinating origami fabric butterfly. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty little bags and useful too!Beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pouches for your sister! I have a couple made by a quilting friend and use them daily. So handy for corralling the little bits and pieces that used to float around in my handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little projects! I especially love that butterfly, can see it embellishing a little girl's quilt. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet bags! Happy birthday to your sis!!

    ReplyDelete