I decided it was time to start putting my log cabin blocks together. Each block measure 5 1/4" (unfinished) and I will be putting them together into a queen size quilt. My design wall is filled with these and there are still more to add. I started to sew the blocks together and once all these are together I can probably fit more on the wall.
I took this picture before starting to sew them together and after I had looked at the arrangement many times. As I started to sew them together, I noticed that something wasn't right, so I had to re-arrange the blocks. Notice on the top row, the light colored diamond shaped sections should actually be dark ones.
Here's a close up of some of the blocks. I love the way the dark and light diamond shapes work together.
I took this picture after fixing the top row of blocks as well as some of the side columns. This is a lot harder than it looks! I can put up some blocks, but then have to back off and look at it from a distance to make sure the design is correct. Even then it is hard to see incorrectly turned blocks. I sure don't want to have to take it apart if I sew them together incorrectly!
The trees are beautiful here in Oregon now. This is a tree in my neighborhood - an ornamental cherry tree.
This dogwood tree belongs to my next door neighbor and is right next to our driveway.
Other current projects are this table topper (like one I made for our table) which will be donated to a silent auction raising money for the youth group at church so teenagers can attend a special conference.
Another scrappy star table runner top.
I hope you have a happy and quilty weekend!